Wilson's cut.

jnd1959

Wilson's cut.

Post by jnd1959 »

After turning back in the surf Saturday my son and I decided to fish Wilson's cut. It was a strong wind out of the sse. We fished just north of the launch site furthest from the road. It was middle of the day, hot and appeared to be slack tide. We had a few bites but nothing to show. The couple drifting next to us caught a slot red and a snook. The most amazing part of this outing was that nothing was stolen. Since the house was rented we were camping and had everything on the trailer and in the truck. I half expected it to be all gone when we got back. Just wanted to post some good news about Wilson's for a change.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk
sightcastnewb

Re: Wilson's cut.

Post by sightcastnewb »

Awesome!! I went last week and swore I caught a snook but lost it right next to my kayak.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
jnd1959

Re: RE: Re: Wilson's cut.

Post by jnd1959 »

sightcastnewb wrote:Awesome!! I went last week and swore I caught a snook but lost it right next to my kayak.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I caught one in a cast net in the surf next to the north Mansfield jetty. He was only about 10 inches long. I didn't know they were in the surf. They're still scarce enough to be surprising when you hook one.

JMS

Post by JMS »

Good to know, thanks for sharing....Always happy to hear Snook were caught

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

vacation.. times are good ans thieving at an all time high... crooks gotta take vacations too :lol: ;-)

Thieving will resume next week :wink:

Ya'll be careful out there..

You missed a perfect opportunity to fish some wind driven current and catch some fish. That area is exactly where I began to formulate the concept of it and figured out what parameters work and don't work. Slack tide.. with some wind.. perfect for wind driven current pattern. You do have the Shallow Redfish DVD don't you?
jnd1959

Post by jnd1959 »

TroutSupport.com wrote:vacation.. times are good ans thieving at an all time high... crooks gotta take vacations too Image ;-)

Thieving will resume next week :wink:

Ya'll be careful out there..

You missed a perfect opportunity to fish some wind driven current and catch some fish. That area is exactly where I began to formulate the concept of it and figured out what parameters work and don't work. Slack tide.. with some wind.. perfect for wind driven current pattern. You do have the Shallow Redfish DVD don't you?
Guilty. I kept thinking wind driven current but I think we were too shallow. We probably should have moved out to the open bay area and fished the current there. I will promise to review that section while chanting "wind driven current, oohmm".

I'm glad the thieves were able to take a vacation considering how stressful their profession is. I was worried about them... really...worried they'd come back before I was gone.

Probably it's because I have nothing worth stealing.. everyone thinks there parked next to the hillbillies Image

TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

jnd1959 wrote:Probably it's because I have nothing worth stealing.. everyone thinks there parked next to the hillbillies Image
:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap: Now that's funny!

Actually shallow water wind driven current moves better... it forces the wave action to flow. But yes, review that section again especieally for slack tide days. When there is a tidal current the fish will pull away from the wind driven pattern except in areas like baffin where the tidal movement is so weak anyway.