Baytown Nature Center and South Jetty Mon July 17

MobyYack
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: On the road between Humble & Galveston - Aboard the Pequod - Just below Cpt. Ahab's knee

Baytown Nature Center and South Jetty Mon July 17

Post by MobyYack »

Baytown Nature Center
Friday July 14
Disappointing again
Nothing bit anything. Caught two gaff on live shrimp and silver weedless tipped with white gulp mantis

South Jetty
Mon July 17
Birds working up and down the shore when we launched at 630 from RA Appfel. 2 quick breakoffs likely from gafftop on my live mullet switched me to wire. landed a keeper speck plus three big ol gaff just past breakers. greg and anthony got some too (chartruese swimming mullet and mirrodine). worked over to the jetty and caught three shark and 4 more specks plus 2 dinks. not takers on the cut whiting i caught on fishbite strip cast away from the jetty. keeper speck came on green holo yozuri lipped crankbait.

greg went back out to get some more open water since the green was coming closer and closer to the shore. anthony cpr'd a dozen speck plus 2 gaff and a ladyfish. greg can post his haul or ill update later
MobyYack
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: On the road between Humble & Galveston - Aboard the Pequod - Just below Cpt. Ahab's knee

Re: RE: Baytown Nature Center and South Jetty Mon July 17

Post by MobyYack »

MobyYack wrote:Baytown Nature Center
Friday July 14
Disappointing again
Nothing bit anything. Caught two gaff on live shrimp and silver weedless tipped with white gulp mantis

South Jetty
Mon July 17
Birds working up and down the shore when we launched at 630 from RA Appfel. 2 quick breakoffs likely from gafftop on my live mullet switched me to wire. landed a keeper speck plus three big ol gaff just past breakers. greg and anthony got some too (chartruese swimming mullet and mirrodine). worked over to the jetty and caught three shark and 4 more specks plus 2 dinks. not takers on the cut whiting i caught on fishbite strip cast away from the jetty. keeper speck came on green holo yozuri lipped crankbait.

greg went back out to get some more open water since the green was coming closer and closer to the shore. anthony cpr'd a dozen speck plus 2 gaff and a ladyfish. greg can post his haul or ill update later
Greg caught three more keepers and some Dinks

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Baytown Nature Center and South Jetty Mon July 17

Post by kickingback »

Good report! Do you keep and eat the Gafftop? I heard they are good to eat reading an old A.C. Becker "Fishing the Texas Coast" book. Awesome book BTW. The man's knowledge is impeccable.
MobyYack
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Baytown Nature Center and South Jetty Mon July 17

Post by MobyYack »

kickingback wrote:Good report! Do you keep and eat the Gafftop? I heard they are good to eat reading an old A.C. Becker "Fishing the Texas Coast" book. Awesome book BTW. The man's knowledge is impeccable.
I do keep the gafftop but I give them to other people. I hear they fry up good