Daddy daughter BWKC

rattlesnake68

Daddy daughter BWKC

Post by rattlesnake68 »

Well, after a ten hour drive down, we made it to check in at the Texas BWKC. It was awesome meeting such a great bunch of people. Even had the pleasure of meeting a couple of YouTube stars that have guided and taught me a lot in the comfort of my home office. Alexis and I launched our Hobie TI into light surf Saturday morning, well except for one big surprise roller. As soon as the yak could float I had Alexis jump in the forward seat. At thigh depth I had her insert the mirage drive. Just as she did we bottomed out between waves and jacked the turbo fins up on a sandbar. So, as I climbed in, I gave her the second pair and as she peddled at a furious pace, while I quickly made a make shift repair on the disabled mirage drive. We were both off and peddling. I say peddling because there was no wind to push us along. That's called a level playing ground and we did like everyone else and manually propelled our selves offshore. Fishing was slow for us at first, but dang was it pretty out there. Alexis caught her first King Mackerel and then, after a tip from an angler that most consider a wealth of knowledge (G.M.), a second King was boated very soon after. I finally pulled a nice one in after we had a triple hookup and only mine remained hooked. Back at the weigh in, Alexis won on a raffle ticket that landed her a Daiwa Saltiga G rod, a buff, and a ballcap. We didn't place very high, but considering we have never been in a fishing tournament and we make it to the coast maybe three time a year, we did alright. Alexis is hooked and wants in the Extreme tournament, but college commitments ( full ride soccer scholarship) may block that this year. But, maybe, just maybe.
Attachments
Add description
Add description
Add description
Add description
Add description
Add description
TigerLandSportsman

Re: Daddy daughter BWKC

Post by TigerLandSportsman »

Great job Dad. Congrats on the success
Struggle

Post by Struggle »

That is awesome!
LOOKN4REDS
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by LOOKN4REDS »

Snake that was a great report, really put a smile on my face. Awesome team I'm sure you both will have fond memories of your first and MOST exciting tournament. I'm sure there are more to come. Congratulations to you both.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Glad you two had a great time and won something. Great pics and good report. Thanks for sharing!!! Wish I could have met you two but I couldn't make the tourny this year.
Fishtolive

Post by Fishtolive »

That is nice. Nothing is better than creating memory through bonding time. Thank you for sharing the report.
I wish I was out there too but my wife has ankle surgery so as a good husband to stay home and provide supports since she immobiles for a few weeks. Hope to catch the next weather break and be out at there.
rattlesnake68

Post by rattlesnake68 »

Thank you everyone and I'm glad you enjoyed the report. It's my intent to make the second BWKC also and hopefully I'll get to meet more of you all.