POC this weekend

Fore right

POC this weekend

Post by Fore right »

Myself and my brothers returned today from our annual summer fishing trip that we take on the coast at a different spot each yr. All our trips are always unguided so a lot of times we strikeout. We mainly just ask for advice and run with that. This year we chose to go to POC and what an awesome trip it was. Caught most trout on chickenboy bubbaclucker in loco curachua color and a skitter walk in speckled trout. it seemed as the later the day got the better the fishing got. I'm assuming due to the full moon but none the less it was a great time. Thanks to everyone on here who pointed us in the right direction. Also, I know as I found out when looking for a place to stay that it can be tough to find one in POC but we found guide Kenyon Mason (512-297-4822) who is extremely knowledgeable of the area and is super friendly. He also just so happens owns a rental down there that we stayed at that beat the heck out of any hotel room you will find in the area. For roughly the same price as a hotel you can have a full kitchen and cook meals yourself if you want to save a little $ that way as this is what we did. For an unguided trip I will say we did pretty well and the smile on my face in the picture speaks for it self. We will be back hopefully sooner than later. If your looking to either do a guided trip or a DIY trip and just need a place to stay I'd say give Kenyon a call and tell him grant sent you.
IMG_0410.JPG.jpeg
EdK

Re: POC this weekend

Post by EdK »

Well Done! You caught the moon rise action I reckon.