Jamaica beach canal night raid

trilogyace

Jamaica beach canal night raid

Post by trilogyace »

Hey guys first post here.
I took my new ride 135 out on its maiden voyage last night in the job canals. Wind was calm and water clarity was ok I've seen better. We launched at the boat ramp and paddled to the mouth of the bay working lights as we went. Out of three of us there wasn't a single keeper trout caught. I did hookup with a rat red and one more that was 3/4 of an inch shy of being a keeper. Other than that it was sand trout city I did manage to keep a mess of sand trout some for surf bait and the larger ones to fry up. We fished until daybreak and called it a night. All in all it wasn't a complete bust I got some slime on my boat on its first time out.
LocoSeamonkey

Re: Jamaica beach canal night raid

Post by LocoSeamonkey »

I have come to love night fishing the underwater lights. I have only ever managed undersized fish at Jamaica beach though.
justintime

Post by justintime »

We just stayed in a house there in Jamaica beach and had the same results, couple small specs, we tried 3 nights in a row. Cool place though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

LocoSeamonkey wrote:I have come to love night fishing the underwater lights. I have only ever managed undersized fish at Jamaica beach though.
X2
trilogyace

Post by trilogyace »

I went back again this past Friday caught 5 reds 4 were undersize the smallest being 16 inches. It was a deluge of undersized trout specks and sandies.
NativeSon

Post by NativeSon »

I've never night kayak fished in canals, although I've considered it.
One question, at Jamaica Beach, do you have to be a resident to use their boat ramp, or is it open to the public?
trilogyace

Post by trilogyace »

NativeSon wrote:I've never night kayak fished in canals, although I've considered it.
One question, at Jamaica Beach, do you have to be a resident to use their boat ramp, or is it open to the public?

The boat ramp is public just try not to park where you block anyone in.