Who says you can't go home?

Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Who says you can't go home?

Post by Cuervo Jones »

Mrs. Cuervo and I packed some necessities and headed back to the open spaces and thin, clean air of Wyoming for the holidays. While there, I had to swing by the first place I ever caught a fish (summer of '84) to see if it was still cooking. Hesitant, anxious, and a bit concerned that those memories I have might be all that's left of this once great little high plains lake. We arrived at night and pitched the tent. A few rises and swirls on the surface indicted the morning would be good.
Picture perfect. And it didn't take long.
I always look taller in photos.
The fishing slowed down so we made a trip into town to visit some old haunts and see what's shaking.
Great to see some things don't change! Now we're back in Tejas and I'm preparing for another adventure. Stay classy TKF, and dare to believe that every now and then, you CAN go home. Werd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Cuervo Jones on Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bigbuzzard

Re: Who says you can't go home?

Post by bigbuzzard »

Really great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
WoodsWaterSky

Post by WoodsWaterSky »

Beautiful pics Cuervo! Good to hear your special spot still holds true.
I head to Colorado this month myself to hang out with some cousins. I learned to fly fish there last summer. On my 3rd fishing trip I applied some marsh and bass tactics to my nymph and put a whoopin on my young guide. I probably caught 3 trout to his 1. Ha! Im counting down the days till I head that way. Got a full adventure planned; motorcross, mountain bike, kayak fishing, mountain climbing, and the highly anticipated whitewater kayak trip. Ya, I'm a 50 year old kid...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
rattlesnake68

Post by rattlesnake68 »

That looked like a great time.
Drifting Yak
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Drifting Yak »

Cuervo Jones wrote: I had to swing by the first place I ever caught a fish (summer of '84) to see if it was still cooking..... Great to see some things don't change!
How cool is that Mr Cuervo! And agree with others that the pics are awesome!
krackdawg

Post by krackdawg »

Sweet pics, and looks like a great trip!
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

It was wonderful being back in Wyoming. So quiet. So open. Stalking redfish in the marsh is a LOT like chasing Stillwater trout. Hard to say which I prefer...so I'll keep doing both.
Too fat to fit all the way.
My "home river."

crusher

Post by crusher »

Summers of 83 and 84 I was in the Big Horn and Wind River Basins respectively, fishing every chance I got free time. Those were awesome times in the northern Rockies. Summers between school 50 min south of Laramie. Wish I'd get back there someday.
Enjoyed the pics and sparked memories, Cuervo.
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

crusher wrote:Summers of 83 and 84 I was in the Big Horn and Wind River Basins respectively, fishing every chance I got free time. Those were awesome times in the northern Rockies. Summers between school 50 min south of Laramie. Wish I'd get back there someday.
Enjoyed the pics and sparked memories, Cuervo.
Small world!
I always wanted to spend more time up around Lander and the Winds. So many miles of stream and virtually unfished alpine lakes. Can't beat the scenery anywhere in the Cowboy State too!