Nighttime Holiday Nightmare!

Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Nighttime Holiday Nightmare!

Post by Dandydon »

Shoffer & I went fishing Saturday night along some normally productive West Bay canals. Winds were favorable around S5 but the tides were weak. Water clarity was decent at about 18". We had high hopes until we pulled up to the ramp & saw the massive Fourth of July parties in progress all around us.
The main boat channel was clogged with powerboats cruising about to see the impressive local fireworks show. The occupants were in party mode with loud music & conversation. Thank God we carried powerful flashlights to warn them off when they came too close.
Even the back lighted canals were loud & clogged with party folks. Is it any wonder we got skunked? After 3 hours of no bites, I landed one small crocker on a glow Down South lure. Back into the water with him! Time to go!
We left 'round midnight & bade all the party people "goodnight." Lesson learned: "don't fish on holiday weekends."
--Dandydon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Nighttime Holiday Nightmare!

Post by shoffer »

Hopefully the first and last time I try to fish with huge fireworks blasts going off all around me. It was mildly entertaining for 5 minutes, but a major frustration thereafter.
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

I was out there last year when the 4th of July fireworks show was going on out there. It was awesome to see! The water was extremely calm so when the fireworks went off, you could see them in the air and the mirror image in the water, very cool!!

Since that was my first time to run across this craziness, I then knew it was going to get interesting to say the least. If my memory recalls, I don't believe I hardly caught any fish. When I saw all the boats in the water, I had a feeling it was going to be that way. I'm glad I decided to sit back and watch the show. If I would of taken the fishing more seriously that day, I would of been disappointed.

Sorry to hear you guys had to go through that and not have much luck to go with it. Hopefully the next time you go out it will be better. Hit me up when you do go again. I may be able to join ya. 832-588-7091 My phone is broken at the moment but a new phone is coming in the mail tomorrow. Hit me up anytime after Tuesday. Tight lines!
rattlesnake68

Post by rattlesnake68 »

I won't even fish a lake on a three day weekend. The lake I live at is covered up with folks going full throttle and racing in and out of coves. I've yet to catch fish with all of that ruckus. If I walk a kayak down to the cove, it's just to watch the sun set.
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

I had two powerboats all lit up w/ Christmas lights & cold beer come steaming by me too fast for my taste. Carrying a spotlight is smart to flash those yahoos, which is what I did.
Near the end of our night a good-looking lady came out on her high Bayhouse deck while we fished her bright halogen surface lights. Shoffer flirted a bit & she confessed she'd caught "20 croakers" earlier that evening, using lures. I then hooked my tiny 14-inch croaker, & we decided to call it quits.
The fireworks were fun, but the fishing SUCKED & the powerboats too inattentive. No more Holiday fishing for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk