Redfish Limit

hoghunter14

Redfish Limit

Post by hoghunter14 »

I set out to catch some fish for beach day with the family this weekend, launched at around six with a little gusty winds but nothing terrible. I made it to my first stop at around six thirty and began throwing a wedge tail in black chartreuse around the outer most points of the marsh drain. After about fifteen minutes with no action I decided to switch over to a popping cork with a vudu shrimp under it to wake them up, with in the first five cast I had caught three dinks and one keeper trout. Deciding to make a move I headed to the next marsh drain with the same plan, shortly I hooked into a solid fish that got off, so I decided to move in a little deeper and found the fish in a drainage holding shad and had a limit within forty five minutes. Go and check out justonemorecastblog.com to learn how to use the bait to catch fish and like follow and share on Facebook Instagram and twitter.

Weather
Mostly cloudy
wind south @ 9-14mph
83°

Water
outgoing tide
stained color
medium salinity
mud bottom
86°

Couldn't get the picture to post on 2cool
Attachments
20170701_115614.jpg
Outdoorsman23

Re: Redfish Limit

Post by Outdoorsman23 »

What color voodoo shrimp of you don't mind me asking?
lahai1dj

Post by lahai1dj »

Nice report HogHunter.
hoghunter14

Post by hoghunter14 »

Outdoorsman23 wrote:What color voodoo shrimp of you don't mind me asking?
On this particular trip I was using the natural color about three feet under the cork, but the depth all depends on the water your fishing