Full moon Friday in the marsh w/ reds, trout, and alternative flounder 6-9

Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

My life of fishing and kayaking keeps getting weirder. Today I was out chasing redfish with the usual gusto and started out pretty well. A smaller dude inhaled my marsh witch-donated topwater (found by me in the marsh a couple of weeks ago) during a pause. In fact, most of my topwater fish have been eating on the pause this year. Hmmmm. Then his bigger sister hoovered up my spinnerbait. She was no Delta Burke, but she was still fun.
I celebrated with the best breakfast known to mankind...Entenmann's chocolate donuts.
Yum!!!!! About this time, I noticed that my kayak is actually a time machine as well as a fishing vessel. I checked my watch, and started paddling to my next spot and by the time I got there....brace yourself...I WAS IN THE FUTURE. YES! I had actually moved forward in time. This will require further investigation, but I can't say much more at this point. Very mysterious. Back to the fish. Apparently trout in the future have hitchhikers. Possibly aliens.
This new world of tomorrow is truly spectacular. Redfish are still around.
I sent the last one back with a pep talk about growing bigger and stronger. But just then I heard a rustling in the marsh grass and saw a strange old man shuffling toward me. He's called out, and I quote: "FANTASTIC FISH! BEAUTIFUL FISH! THAT WAS AN ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS 30" REDFISH. SO TERRIFIC!" It was this guy:
He said his name was Ronald Grump (I think that's what he said anyway). And man was he ever grumpy! Kept screaming about "demi-craps" harassing him...or something. I wasn't really paying too much attention. He told me this fish was the biggest ANYONE has ever caught in this marsh EVER.
I wasn't too sure, but he insisted that he was right, and for some strange reason, I felt more optimistic and better about myself the more he spoke (or actually shouted). He hollered at me that this one was the biggest redfish a human being has ever laid eyes on. EVER.
I told Mr. Grump that I like his way of seeing things. But I sure wish I could catch a flounder. With a twinkle in his eye, he bellowed at me: "NOBODY SAW YOU NOT CATCH A FLOUNDER!!! SO IF YOU CAUGHT ONE, THEY WOULDN'T SEE THAT EITHER, 'CAUSE IT'S JUST YOU AND ME IN THIS MARSH! FLOUNDER ARE FABULOUS! SO FLAT! THE BEST FISH!" Then I was confused. HAD I caught a flounder? He said he'd tell me "very very soon. So soon." Mr. Grump was getting really worked up at this point, screaming about all sorts of kooky stuff and kinda scaring me, so I beat it outta there and headed back to the launch. Man. Why can't I just have normal fishing trips? I dunno TKF. Ok. That's all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Cuervo Jones on Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cityfisher

Re: Full moon Friday in the marsh and alternative flounder 6-9

Post by Cityfisher »

Donuts on the kayak! That looks absolutely heavenly!
Excellent fishing report, glad you found some fishies to have fun with! :)
troutslinger
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Cypress/West Galveston bay/ East Matty/ Mirrolure Pro Staff

Re: Full moon Friday in the marsh w/ reds, trout, and alternative flounder 6-9

Post by troutslinger »

Great report and pics!! Especially the donuts, I eat them same ones and they are good!!
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

Glad you like my report. The donuts definitely help make trips go from good to spectacular. Just wish I found some bigger fish. Gotta pray harder to the fish gods for next time.

kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Cool report dude! Hard for me as an old man to keep up with some of your lingo but good pics and good time is always fun to hear about!
troutslinger
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Cypress/West Galveston bay/ East Matty/ Mirrolure Pro Staff

Post by troutslinger »

Cuervo Jones wrote:Glad you like my report. The donuts definitely help make trips go from good to spectacular. Just wish I found some bigger fish. Gotta pray harder to the fish gods for next time.

Maybe tip the treble with donut. Maybe work. I would have a mouth full of treble and donut if I were a fish. At least you got out and caught. I can't get out til next week then in 2 weeks be in East Matty for 3 days.
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

I forgot to mention, with the full moon tonight, be careful of werewolves. Marsh witches are spooky, but werewolves are downright dangerous.
Fish carefully amigos!

karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by karstopo »

I haven't had an Entenmann's anything in far too long. I seem to forget to eat when I fish. I'll take along whatever crackers, but they almost end up as mashed up crumbs in the bottom of my crate that I eventually toss.

There's always a lot of blurry stuff going on with reality. Time, words, meaning, gravity waves, Higgs boson, you just never know what strange semi-real, mostly unbelievable situation you might find yourself in. Redfish are real I'm pretty sure, although they might grow at unnatural rates after they are caught. Maybe almost everyone craves a pleasant fiction over an ugly fact. But the fact remains redfish, trout and flounder, real or imagined are pretty special as are your factual fantastical fishing reports.
crusher

Post by crusher »

Entenmann's - those are affectionately known in our house as Vacation Donuts. (as in, we just get them for the weekly beach rental on our annual family vacation)
I'm with Karst on this one - I almost always forget to eat my protein bar, cheese crackers, or whatever I scrounged from the pantry before leaving. My Buccee's taco :shock: usually holds me through to lunch.

Great report, as always. Shoulda had drink with that ol' fart you talked to. Wonder what his story was.
Drifting Yak
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Drifting Yak »

Sounds like that grumpy guy may have been smoking something. Or perhaps he are a donut laced with a mind altering substance. You were lucky to get away from him.
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

When I was a wee fingerling, Entenmann's donuts were always with us on our "outings" as ma and pa Cuervo called day trips. Coffee and Entenmann's are synonymous with family fun time. Almost always the chocolate covered donuts, but my Auntie Julie liked the coffee cake too. I had no idea they were so popular with others! That's terrific and warms my heart!
Yeah. The old guys seemed lost and confused and definitely didn't have a grip on reality. Hopefully someone finds him and brings him back to wherever he belongs, 'cause it sure isn't where he is now!

LOOKN4REDS
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by LOOKN4REDS »

LoL you sir are having just waaaaay too much fun out there. And that's a good thing.
bigbuzzard

Re: RE: Re: Full moon Friday in the marsh w/ reds, trout, and alternative flounder 6-9

Post by bigbuzzard »

Cuervo Jones wrote:I forgot to mention, with the full moon tonight, be careful of werewolves. Marsh witches are spooky, but werewolves are downright dangerous.
Fish carefully amigos!

And I thought that just was my sister in law I saw out there. Thanks for the heads up on the werewolves.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk