Information about tides

Michael Meyer

Information about tides

Post by Michael Meyer »

My wife and I fish out of the Corpus Christi/Aransas Pass area. Our fishing is mostly in the flats (LHL, B&R, Stedman's, Wilson's Cut). I have been able to find tide information for places like the Port A fishing pier, the Bob Hall pier, Nueces Bay, Packery Channel, etc. I was wondering how you can adjust that information for other locations in the area. For example, if high tide will be at 2:00 a.m. at the Nueces Bay location, when will high tide occur at B&R. I was speaking to Mike Morales with Fin Factory in Flour Bluff (great guy, great store) and he said there was a publication which contained what he called "plus and minus tables" which allow you to extrapolate tidal information around this area. Mike could not remember the name of the publication. Does anyone know to what he is referring?

Thank you.
Neumie
Site Admin

Re: Information about tides

Post by Neumie »

Michael Meyer wrote:My wife and I fish out of the Corpus Christi/Aransas Pass area. Our fishing is mostly in the flats (LHL, B&R, Stedman's, Wilson's Cut). I have been able to find tide information for places like the Port A fishing pier, the Bob Hall pier, Nueces Bay, Packery Channel, etc. I was wondering how you can adjust that information for other locations in the area. For example, if high tide will be at 2:00 a.m. at the Nueces Bay location, when will high tide occur at B&R. I was speaking to Mike Morales with Fin Factory in Flour Bluff (great guy, great store) and he said there was a publication which contained what he called "plus and minus tables" which allow you to extrapolate tidal information around this area. Mike could not remember the name of the publication. Does anyone know to what he is referring?

Thank you.
These magazines offer tides, so check out either Harold Wells Gulf Coast Fisherman, Saltwater Angler Magazine, or Texas Saltwater FIshing Magazine.

I use NOAA's TIdes and Currents website and select the nearest station for where I'm fishing. So if you're planning on fishing LHL or B&R the Port Aransas gauge is the one you want; the time delay is pretty negligible. Wilson's Cut/Shamrock is about a 30-45 minute delay. The delays vary depending on current strength and weather, especially the further away you are from a pass. So, if you're fishing somewhere like St. Charles Bay a strong SE wind will make the incoming tide stronger and hinder an outgoing tide. Vice Versa, a strong NW wind will hinder the incoming tide and amplify the outgoing tide.
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Information about tides

Post by shoffer »

realtide app for Iphone will give you tide movement for your exact location via GPS. It's free. Put it on your iphone/android phone

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/re ... p.1215657/

Here's a screenshot:
realtide2.jpg
realtide2.jpg (46.68 KiB) Viewed 2090 times
Tides4fishing.com is awesome as well.