High tide marsh reds 6-3

Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

High tide marsh reds 6-3

Post by Cuervo Jones »

Don't ask me why, TKF, but I always read fishing reports in Mr. T's voice. Fool. Be that as it may, I am back to my old routine of stalking marsh reds, avoiding social situations, and singing Cyndi Lauper songs as I paddle through the bays and sloughs of the Tejas coast. It's nice to be back. Sucka.
4:00 found me waking with a start as the alarm beckoned me to pour some coffee down my throat and lurch southward to the watery home of my friends, the redfish. You know the drill, TKF, launch, paddle, throw a topwater to any boils or likely looking fishy spots, then follow up with the revered spinnerbait, and the best lure known to man (4" Cocahoe minnow on 1/8 ounce jighead). Rinse and repeat.
It didn't take long.
Limbered up and feeling like a marsh fishing hero, I kept plugging away. I missed a couple more blowups because fish always hit the very instant your head is turned because they're jerks. You're up Cocahoe!
Nice. But top is still more fun. Sadly, this kooky little midget red was the only one to try to eat the topwater the rest of the day.
No matter. The Cocahoe is always up to the job, never writes bad checks, and projects a sense of quiet power and fish-seductiveness.
Witness!
Emboldened, I carried on, ever further into the marsh, being screamed at by nesting terns, watching spoonbills and willets, and in general, enjoying life on earth.
Nutrients are important so I put some of last night's pizza into my face.
Aaaaaaaaahhhhh. That hit the spot. Back to the grind.
A couple more not-so-huge fish ate my Cocahoe and were released after hearing my thoughts on the Paris Agreement. Most agreed, but some were real blockheads and we agreed to never discuss it again. Friends should never talk politics.
Hot, tired, and getting cranky due to lack of coffee, I headed back. On the drive back, I saw lots of folks launching or parked. Hopefully some of these guys will post up their own reports.
Pro-tip: I always rinse my lures in a jar of freshwater that I bring with me.
ImageStops the hooks and hardware from rusting if I get lazy and don't unload when I get home. Use the jars with wide mouths. This one had peanuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Cuervo Jones on Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TigerLandSportsman

High tide marsh reds 6-3

Post by TigerLandSportsman »

Enjoyable report

Congrats on what sounds like a good time
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: High tide marsh reds 6-3

Post by karstopo »

Mushroom and black olive, that's my fav! Mr. T "I pity the fool!" He said that didn't he?

I like the head on shot of the little red. I like those little reds. There's something sweet about them. They try so hard to be big. They are all tail, it's like little young adolescent humans that their feet grow first.

That one red on the measuring board is an old Soviet Union red. The tail spot looks like a hammer and sickle. I hope you told him collective, centrally planned, autocratic societies are doomed to fail. All redfish are equal, some are more equal.
Castblastkick

Post by Castblastkick »

That was an epic report. Thank you for your levity I enjoyed it lol.
Sounds like you had a good time! Good luck
-connor

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

Fake news, Karst!! It's absolutely, positively, 100% NOT a soviet fish. I know because this guy was following me around and assured me it wasn't.
He said his name was "Big Tex Goodolboy" and he seemed sort of weird. But he likes fishing so...meh.

Big Tex

Post by Big Tex »

Awesome report and quite numerous to boot! Glad you had a good day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Drifting Yak
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Drifting Yak »

Fun stuff as always Mr. Cuervo! And good idea on that fresh water, bait rinsing, peanut thingy!
broncofan_27

Post by broncofan_27 »

Great idea with a little fresh water for the lures... I might start doing that... More often than not I forget to rinse some of the lures that didn't stay in the game

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

High tide marsh reds 6-3

Post by Cuervo Jones »

I got tired of replacing hooks and spinner forms every time I forgot to rinse the lures at home. Now I let them soak whilst I pack all my gear. Give them a swish or two and they're good to go. I pity the salt! Sucka!
Tune in next week for even more, cutting edge, super fantastic tips and wisdom. Or else!

WoodsWaterSky

Post by WoodsWaterSky »

Great report! Great pics! Now I am going to be reading fishing reports with Mr. Ts voice. Thanks... Lol.
jnd1959

Post by jnd1959 »

Well, up until now I always read fishing reports in sort of a BBC anchorman accent. But after that picture of Ivan Putinovich with the alligator, everything has taken on a distinct rusky accent. Great report... comrade.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

Well now that's a whole new twist. When "Big Tex" Goodolboy blurted out that he's pootin', I thought he was giving me a heads up about a bean burrito's revenge. I'll keep an eye out for him on my next trip to the marsh. I aims to exercise the fly rod.

jnd1959

Re: RE: Re: High tide marsh reds 6-3

Post by jnd1959 »

Cuervo Jones wrote:Well now that's a whole new twist. When "Big Tex" Goodolboy blurted out that he's pootin', I thought he was giving me a heads up about a bean burrito's revenge. I'll keep an eye out for him on my next trip to the marsh. I aims to exercise the fly rod.

That there's funny. That's what I'm sayin.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk