Baffin day 3 .... test report.

TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Baffin day 3 .... test report.

Post by TroutSupport.com »

Caught a little window today to hit Baffin. Same pattern as yesterday, standard big trout pattern ... mud and grass with a little bait around. Not gonna lie it was a grind today but when you're hunting the big ones it can be that way. The majority of fish are still on a shrimp bite but in a couple small areas there's a few more big trout holding in areas where there is more mullet; specifically a mix of sizes where there is big mullet and little mullet. I ended up with 5 trout total with the 28 coming at 3 pm after I revisited a spot I fished earlier in the morning... in fact I had already waded the area and where I started the wade I had more bites and even saw a couple nice fish easing off. I had walked right into where they were holding without realizing it. I finished the wade and went way around back to that area and that's when she ate. Last cast of the day. Wow! Probably heaviest 28 I've caught but not a personal best... 8.6 lbs, she had a mullet in her gullet; tail sticks.

Yes, they all hit my lure and that's all I threw all day. I had to test some last minute quality assurance parameters. It's in its last stages, selecting color recipes and durometer; it's been a long arduous road to get here. Some think I'm building hype here but truth is I've been catching fish with this thing the last couple of years, I'm on the road and the pics are what they are, part of a fishing report.

I talked to Aubrey and Sally Black of Baffin Bay Rod and Gun on Monday and she and I agree that Baffin should be on the verge of blowing wide open. My personal belief is that coast wide we were blessed with one of the best shrimp crops in a couple of years; as soon as those fish decide to turn to more fin fish they're going to start slickin more and shadowing more baitfish in more areas. There are some big fish that are already there and some fish stayed in that pattern all winter and are still there if you look for that pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Baffin day 3 .... test report.

Post by kickingback »

Awesome Tobin! Another great day on the water with the big girls! I am not "plugging" for you but if that lure is all you were throwing and you caught those big girls like that each time you use it, then that is a good lure and will sell for sure. I know you are not trying to hype your bait but giving us reports like this makes us want to try the lure. I do for sure! I can always use another great lure for my tackle arsenal.
I have to get to Baffin soon my self. With all the action you describe it must be a hot bed nursery of small crustaceans and mullet. Can't wait!
I seriously think the shrimp and mullet are high everywhere right now. When I was in Christmas on Monday the shrimp were 3"-4" and jumping in my yak there were so many. The most I have seen that active in a long time. It's gonna be a good Summer!!!!!
It will be even better when I get my "Trout Support LB lure" to go with my Trout Support DVD's! Can you imagine the marketing for a lure made by the same knowledgeable and experienced people that gave us DVD's that help you find them? It will be a great marketing tool sold together! I'll buy it!
YakRunabout

Post by YakRunabout »

Great fish (congrats!!) and report, thanks
Also sounds like a good forecast for action this year!

Lastly - congrats on your pending disclosure - sounds like it is moving ahead nicely for you!
Nice to have the fish cooperate on your rollout - well done.
troutslinger
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Cypress/West Galveston bay/ East Matty/ Mirrolure Pro Staff

Post by troutslinger »

Awesome Tobin!!! Ready for that magic black lure to come out!! Lol Nice trout!!
Cityfisher

Post by Cityfisher »

Wow! Beautiful trout!
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Thanks Yak, West, and City.. you guys area awesome. It should be a very good item to have in a kayakers arsenal... really built for a lot of the water you guys cover. Grass flats, marshes with wigeon grass, high tide marsh, rocks like the jetties or even baffins rocks. It's part ninja, part 4x4, and part seal team.
troutslinger
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Cypress/West Galveston bay/ East Matty/ Mirrolure Pro Staff

Post by troutslinger »

Here's proof that the troutsupport DVDs work!!! If you don't have them yet GET THEM!!!
frios

Post by frios »

is this a ponzi scheme??
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Frios, you're too FUNNY! LOL ... Ponzi... LOL... no but that's a good idea ;-) Maybe I should set up a network marketing / MLM type thing. LOL. just kidding of course. I'm sure someone will take this out of context and use it against me now. Just trying to make something that will help my fellow anglers when it starts getting grassed up or fishing around shallow rocks or oysters. I remember when I used to wade the flats in south texas and as soon as the wind would come up it was a pain, then you'd try to switch over to something weedless and it was hard to get 20' out of a cast. I also got frustrated working corkies in shallow oyster laden big trout holes in east Matagorda. And when I did go to the jetties, a lot of times those trout hold real close to the rocks, I needed something I could cast more than 20 effin feet and could be fished weightless and weed-less / rock-less. Certainly NOT doing it for the money.. this could be the biggest 'business' blunder i've ever made.. I've spent gobs and gobs of Trout DVD funds that you guys entrusted with me to try to design this thing. I probably should have paid off debt instead.
frios

Post by frios »

hahaha... I thought someone was gonna run with my "ponzi scheme" and tell me to get the heck outta here.

Nah...good for you man! entreprenuer is a good thing. I'm looking forward to seeing a website and product so I can buy! I rather help a startup guy than "Academy" anyday.
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

frios wrote:hahaha... I thought someone was gonna run with my "ponzi scheme" and tell me to get the heck outta here.

Nah...good for you man! entreprenuer is a good thing. I'm looking forward to seeing a website and product so I can buy! I rather help a startup guy than "Academy" anyday.
Heh heh! Ponzi....I wish, because I have recommended them to anyone who will listen. What happens is this. If you see the DVDs, you merely want to spread the word. Also, in my case, if you meet Tobin (he had a meet and greet in Houston and I went, we must have talked fishing for 2 hours) you will get an idea of his infectious passion for angling. Talk to him some more (or watch a DVD) and you will realize the research and work trhat has gone into them.

Here's the website: http://troutsupport.com/
Go to the site, peruse the products, pick one that peaks your interest and order it. If you are unsure, contact Tobin through the site or thru PMs on this site. You won't be disappointed.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Thanks guys, Yeah Andy that was a great day meeting you bud.. and hopefully many more to come.

Not a start up Frios, been around making the DVDs for 8 years.. wow, hard to believe. Tons of hard work, sweat, and tears went into making them. Ya'll feel free to contact me.