West Bay night fishing 4/26 quick trip

lahai1dj

West Bay night fishing 4/26 quick trip

Post by lahai1dj »

Recently, I missed a few fish outings because of car troubles and inclement weather. So naturally, when I had a few hours to spare earlier this evening I headed down to Galveston to fish the lights. I launched at sunset (8pm) and paddled out to the lights waiting for the outgoing tide to start (8:30pm). Boy were the fish hungry, I only fished for ~1.5 hours but caught eleven specs (six keepers, between 15"-18") and six reds (three keepers, between 20-22"). Around 9:45 the winds were blowing so strongly, I decided to head in and I was off the water by 10pm. A short trip but I harvested a few fish for dinners this week and got some much needed "therapy."

Time: 8pm-10pm
Tides: outgoing starting at 8:30pm
Winds: N/Ne , 16mph-21mph
Attachments
IMG_0877.jpg
julioandadrie

Re: West Bay night fishing 4/26 quick trip

Post by julioandadrie »

Nice bro

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Well done Sir! That's what I do. If I know I HAVE to catch fish I will go fish the lights to get my "fix" on. LOL Can't beat a tried an true fishing area one bit!!!
Thanks for sharing.
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

Excellent nighttime report with many quality fish, Lahai! Keep up the good work & we may set up a FOURSOME for an upcoming night trip! You, me, Shoffer & Kickingback. That's some strong stuff in that line-up. Just remember, I'm real old & sometimes cranky :lol:
--Dandydon
lahai1dj

Post by lahai1dj »

I appreciate the kind words! Thanks for the invite DandyDon, I'm game for joining you, Shoffer, and Kickingback on a night trip--I'd hate to be the poor soul to fish the lights the day AFTER we do! :lol: