Colorado River Whites???

GWUnited2

Colorado River Whites???

Post by GWUnited2 »

Does anyone have a white bass report for the Colorado River above Buchanan Lake? I will be headed to Colorado Bend State Park area in a few weeks. Normally the river has to be up/flowing for the whites to make it up that far. Last year had good rains and allowed the river to rise a little but I can't find fishing reports for this year. Have any of you all made it up there this year?
DUKFVR

Re: Colorado River Whites???

Post by DUKFVR »

Don't know how the catching has been ,but it was posted in the paper that the park had to shut down admitting people for awhile the last 2 Saturdays ,because of too many people.
Cigarsnjeeps

Post by Cigarsnjeeps »

No catching last week. Water was muddy and up and the cold front came through. They thought it would be better in a couple weeks.

@cigarsnjeeps on IG and Twitter
GWUnited2

Post by GWUnited2 »

I saw that. I was hoping it was because the whites were running. I've tried calling the park but haven't gotten an answer. Thanks for the response.
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

The river around Columbus has been high and muddy for the past couple of weeks. Probably going to be the same for awhile considering the rains today and last night. Not sure if that has any impact up near your area of interest though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ATXflyguy83

Post by ATXflyguy83 »

A buddy of mine went a week or so ago and from the sounds of it, the males are already up that way. People weren't catching a ton like when it is on, but they were indeed catching some.
GWUnited2

Post by GWUnited2 »

Cigarsnjeeps wrote:No catching last week. Water was muddy and up and the cold front came through. They thought it would be better in a couple weeks.

@cigarsnjeeps on IG and Twitter
Thanks for that info. I was hoping the rains were enough for a rise.
GWUnited2

Post by GWUnited2 »

Thank you all for the info. Hopefully we will time it right. Will be there the 31st -3rd.