MARSH MADNESS 2-22-17

hoghunter14

MARSH MADNESS 2-22-17

Post by hoghunter14 »

I started out the evening by seeing one of the biggest flocks of ducks rafted off in the bay waters, coolest thing I have ever seen there were probably at least 500 plus ducks in one raft. Sorry back to the fishing report. I set out targeting points and drainages in the marsh even though I had an incoming tide I knew the bite would be tuff. I hit the first drain and threw a VUDU shrimp under a popping cork with no results. after moving to the next drain and decided to throw a Saltwater assassin mudbug paddle tail with nothing wanting to bite. Since the drainages didn't seem to be holding any fish I decided to just let the current carry me down the canal and make blind casts. The second cast I felt the thump and went to set the hook, nothing was there so I'm guessing that an alligator gar took it and bit the line in half. Once I had a new jig tied on I put a chicken on a chain threw it out and BAM!!! Fish on and it was a fighter and pulled me about fifty yards down the canal when the hook came flying back at me. I'm thinking that it was a good red and I didn't drive the hook home like I should have. Once I came to the end of the canal I was in, I turned the corner and headed into the current coming out of a different canal. The first cast was a 18" red and slowly but surely the fish began to turn on and it was almost every cast. All catch and release, I didn't have time to clean them all. The final count was 12 trout 2 reds and one flounder. no monsters but they sure are fun to catch.
Attachments
G0020167.JPG
G0010161.JPG