Beautiful morning for Rat reds

12pdtest

Beautiful morning for Rat reds

Post by 12pdtest »

7AM launch cool temps, no wind, beautiful clear skies,Shallow water. Lighthouse lakes again, never gets old.
Over a dozen Rat Reds, lots of mullet. Worked the deep pools of green water visibility about a foot until incoming tide flushes sediment out of water then water becomes bluish with increased visibility.

2 lower slot fish kept, a 20 inch red & a 14 inch flounder which was a surprise catch.
.facebook_1481075099920.jpg
]
.facebook_1481075099920.jpg
Attachments
20170222_140929.jpg
20170222_114409.jpg
akwidrush

Re: Beautiful morning for Rat reds

Post by akwidrush »

Very nice if you don't mind me asking where do you launch from? Been wanting to try the light house lakes but not really sure where to launch from

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
jon326

Post by jon326 »

Being new to kayaking id also like to know where to launch from =)
WoodsWaterSky

Post by WoodsWaterSky »

I was gonna say in your post a couple days ago, I hope you write a sequel soon. Well, here it is. Nice!
julioandadrie

Post by julioandadrie »

Cool nice catch good way to start the day. I hope its like this tomorrow, i want to hit up chrismad bay

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
12pdtest

Post by 12pdtest »

The State highway 361 from Aransas Pass to the ferry landing Is nothing but a Kayak launching site. From the overpass of the ICW on east side thru the south bay to the lighthouse lakes pull over anywhere & launch. Study your google maps for your plan of action. On the west side, Redfish bay ( nice ledge there in the mud for a mile) to Fin & Feather bait shop & Brown & root flat thru Sailboat channel all kinds of open launch beaches. People campout and squatter small patch of channel for days at a time. Plenty of room, If a spot is taken with a parked vehicle & nobody around don't be rude leaving nasty notes on somebodies truck, there's plenty of beach to put in.

Be respectful lots a water to catch fish.
akwidrush

Post by akwidrush »

Thanx for the response I looked it up and I will be trying it Monday depending weather

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
JMS

Post by JMS »

I usually let the wind decide what side of 361 I fish...Lighthouse lakes park has a good kayak only launch that is pretty nice. On the other side I like Brown & Root...But like 12pdtest said the whole area is a kayak launch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lightpole2lightpole

Post by lightpole2lightpole »

i'm new to the area. having lived in west texas my entire life i'm looking to learn all i can from you saltwater fisherman. i don't seem to have the right touch. anything you guys are willing to teach i'm willing to learn.
julioandadrie

Post by julioandadrie »

We can go out kayaking togetjer sometime im new at kayak fishing but we can figure this out lol its always good to have someone with you when kayak fishing so im told

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk