Jones Lake 39th anniversary quicky trip....

Littlebear

Jones Lake 39th anniversary quicky trip....

Post by Littlebear »

I'm easily pleased, but I am pretty persistent. Ordered the Troutsupport DVD set and headed to Jones Lake for a quick trip before the grandkids showed up. It's our 39th anniversary and the wife let me go fishing! Figured Jones is easy for quick access and exit. Water was cold but warmed up quickly due to a nice sunny morning in between fog and clouds. Slight wind from south at 7 am. About 10 am hooked up and boated a 12" speckled trout. Released and shortly after caught a black drum. Tried to get the phone out of the drybox to take a picture and dropped my fishing pole into the lake! Fortunately I had the other end in the drum's mouth! Water was starting to feel fishy, birds working. Trout and mullet jumping. Some sort of eagle hovering and diving after food. Had to get home by noon. Figured one more cast....hooked up with a stingray.... got that thang off my hook without getting zapped. One more cast.....another stingray....headed to the beach. Load everything up on the truck and almost home...get a call from the wife saying kids are late so keep fishing......figures..... All told, I had a good fishing trip!
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Jones Lake 39th anniversary quicky trip....

Post by kickingback »

Well done! Happy Anniversary! Glad you cauht some. Sucks about the rod but glad you didn't lose it.
Littlebear

Post by Littlebear »

Thanks!
The Roach

Post by The Roach »

Good work getting rid of the rays - that's bad bidness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Littlebear

Post by Littlebear »

They give me the willys. Like an alien movie....
crusher

Post by crusher »

I'll touch the part no one commented on yet - you're on your way home when you get the "don't worry, keep on fishing" call. I don't think I've had that one yet, but someday I know I will. You're a good man - keep the wife happy, so don't feel bad you left and there was probably a 27.75 inch 7# red waiting for you on the next cast if you'd only stuck around.
Tight Lines and Happy 39th!!
Most of us only hope we get to reach a happy 39th.
Littlebear

Post by Littlebear »

Gotta admit, I'm pretty blessed. And in hindsight it was pretty funny. But I sure didn't want to leave! Can't catch em if your not fishing! (Isn't that a song?)
Littlebear

Post by Littlebear »

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Littlebear

Post by Littlebear »

Trying to figure out how to load a picture....did this through Tapatalk as suggested by another post. I'm on my Samsung 5S....seems like this should be easier. Is this something the administrators are working on or is this just how it's going to be? Oh well....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
WoodsWaterSky

Post by WoodsWaterSky »

I was out there with a buddy the same morning... Hooked up on a rat right a daybreak, everything after was 22-25 1/2. Did not catch a lot of fish, but caught good fish. Might have seen ya. I was in a camo green perception, my buddy was in a camo blue ride.
WoodsWaterSky

Post by WoodsWaterSky »

BTW, happy anniversary to ya'll!
Littlebear

Post by Littlebear »

Hey, thanks! Yeah, I was in a camo green Perception also. Saw you guys paddle along the north bank out to the west of me I think. Take care and tight lines!