ready for ride back across channel
ready for ride back across channel
In the Yak
In the Yak
Lure that tore em up
Lure that tore em up
3rd choice to fish. 1st wind was to direct & no baitfish activity
2nd choice Brown & roots ... saturated with boats & kayaks
scouted across channel saw whit flashes & jumping mullet Put in & cross channel .. slow incoming current.. tide still extremely low..had to portage across sand bar into narrow cut..several casts with a DOA paddle lure..Nibble that was it ..changed pole to dark gulp jerkbait.. water was chocolate visibility less than a foot..Ist cast with jerkbait 20inch red..Border line slot red returned to water. 2 casts later 21 almost 22 inch red, on stinger (that is a story itself) Fumbling with line & untangling I spooked remaining fish..

Time to move on Drug yak thru front lake,no water to next deep cut watching mullet scurrying everywhere. Next couple of casts fanning deep end of channel rrrrr fish on pulling drag 10 minute fight before hosting 28 inch red aboard..lot of fight left in him.. stringer is strung...few minutes later a 24 inch...next a 15 inch trout, laid that lure right in his mouth cause it expolded as it hit the water.. puny campared to the other two reds..back he goes... few casts later a 23 inch plus red..limit is filled.

kept fishing for trout, only 5:30, surely I will hook some. No such skill.. just caught more slot reds..8 total.. time to cross channel with dolphins patoling water way.. My limit rode with me in my lap while crossing... still had to clean.. got neighbor to help..paid in fish.
12pdtest

Re: A week later Feb 16 late afternoon across shrimp channel

Post by 12pdtest »

One more picture on cleaning table
One more picture on cleaning table
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Excellent report and fish! Way to catch them! That is my kind of day. Thanks for sharing!
redneckyakclub01
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by redneckyakclub01 »

Good report, thanks for posting. That low tide definitely concentrates the fish around there. Wish I could get down and take advantage.
WoodsWaterSky

Post by WoodsWaterSky »

Great report/story! Thanks for sharing... Those kinda days are fun.