Late Report... Matagorda Fatties before the Big Blow

TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Late Report... Matagorda Fatties before the Big Blow

Post by TroutSupport.com »

Saturday in Matagorda was a great day to be on the water.. a bit of a grind through the day with a few small trout and reds on top intersperse enough to keep it interesting. Was fishing 3' mud and grass with a little scattered shell here or there. Tide was low when I arrived and bait was not showing in the coves so I started hunting slightly deeper water where those fish might pull off too. With the water temps starting to get up there by around noon, and with a lot of surface bait activity in the area I was fishing I decided to use a super spook. Due to the amount of bait I was seeing in the area there had to be a few fish around. It wasn't but a couple cast later and the first good size trout of the day blows up on the spook. The fish will tell you what they want if they are in an area, we just have to listen. Just about that time the wind started howling and it seems like everyone and there brother wanted to fish that area so that ended what could have been a good wade. I decided to hit some other areas looking for a big fish bite and found what I was looking for... I first hit the area with the FatBoy and was about 2/3'rds through it and it's starting to get dark and the fog was getting thicker by the minute; I decided to put the bone super spook back on.. by then the water temp was over 70 and I knew from earlier that those fish had wanted the topwater over the plastic and fatboy. So I switched out and started re working the area ... 3 cast later, the 27 3/4 leaves a hole in the water and it's fish on!... After landing her I go back to work and at the end of a long cast that I could barely see the lure landing due to the fog, fish number 2 hits. Right at 25". Both good healthy fish, not my biggest, not what I refer to as monster fish, but I'll take them. Since I was solo all I have are release vids that I made these pics from. I'm working on a solo camera solution for when I'm fishing alone I can still get some respectable pics. I left just in time to get back with dark encroaching and the fog closing everything down.

Everything I did today is in the Big Trout DVD.. everything.. from finding all the areas I fished from Google earth to reading the water and knowing when to move on and when to stay. http://www.troutsupport.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and for anyone on this board feel free to use the coupon code TKVA147 for 10% off. There are a lot of new 'customer experiences' on the site too... check them out.

TKF has been good to us and we really just want you guys to be able to get the information you need to catch more and bigger fish more consistently.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 8.38.02 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 8.38.35 AM.png
YakRunabout

Re: Late Report... Matagorda Fatties before the Big Blow

Post by YakRunabout »

Nice report and fish, thanks. Congrats on a good outing
Big Tex

Post by Big Tex »

Nice catch! Just bought your four DVD pack!!
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Thank you to both of you. After you watch them always feel free to holla at me.
t
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

Release shots! I love it! The big trout video has helped me go from zero to hero with finding and actually catching bigger trout this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

Nice report Tobin. :clap: As if I were there....which I wish I had been
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Great report Tobin! Reports like this is exactly what helps others find and catch fish! 27.75" is respectable!!! Thanks for posting and sharing your invaluable experience!! I learned from your DVD's and learn more from you everytime I read your posts.
Cityfisher

Post by Cityfisher »

Great report.
I have have all 4 of your DVDs for about 3 years now. I bought them just after I bought a kayak.
Before then I thought salt water fishing was putting a shrimp on a bottom rig, sit and wait for a bite.
I now am catching red fish, trout and flounder fairly consistently on nothing but artificials thanks to those DVD's. I just watched the big trout one again last week.
Thank you!
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Thanks guys and thank you sooo much for the kudos and props. Glad to help out.