EAST BAY 12-26-16

hoghunter14

EAST BAY 12-26-16

Post by hoghunter14 »

Launch out of Stingray this morning around 1030 in the morning and headed to a reef about three quarters of a mile SW of Frenchys reef. Got to the reef at around 1115 and began my first drift throwing a top-water but nothing wanted to eat. Switched to a gulp mantis shrimp and caught one sand trout. After making multiple drifts and throwing multiple lures with nothing taking the bait I headed to Frenchys reef. Only making four drifts I caught two two more sand trout and decided to run the shore line back to the launch. While heading in the fog rolled in and visibility dropped to less than a mile in about ten minutes. Found a group of birds working around yates and caught a limit in the last 30 minutes of daylight. All were average size ranging from 14-16 inches with one 18 incher.

weather
77°-71° air temp
61° water temp
SE wind shifting to E wind
overcast to broken cloud cover

water
green to brown off color
outgoing shifting to incoming around noon
good salinity
all trout caught shallow under birds

There is still a lot of shrimp in the bay but hopefully that will change soon and we will be able to key in on mullet.
tx_indianajones

Re: EAST BAY 12-26-16

Post by tx_indianajones »

Thanks for the report.
MobyYack
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: On the road between Humble & Galveston - Aboard the Pequod - Just below Cpt. Ahab's knee

Post by MobyYack »

Same on the west bay. We're seeing that moving tide seems to help. I want to get over your way and work the pass and/or the north jetty soon
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Excellent report! At least you caught some fish! Thanks for sharing this information.