Freeport 11/20

Yakety-Yak

Freeport 11/20

Post by Yakety-Yak »

I got to my primary spot yesterday before sunrise to find out that it was windy and choppy. I didn't have the warm and fuzzies about fishing that spot that day so I headed to my secondary spot which was protected by the NE - E wind. I got to my spot and launched right after sunrise. As soon as I got on the water, I noticed the gulls working and area of water relatively close to me so I headed that direction. As I got closer, I eased of the approach speed only to find out after drifting into the flock, they didn't give a sh*t, they were hungry. Luckily I didn't get pooped on. Anyways, I cast to the birds with Heaths new Ratic Shad Buggs lure and BAM fish on. I landed a 23.5" red. I didn't measure them until after the birds stop feeding so I could maximize my fishing time. After I got the first red on the stringer I kept on chasing the birds to no avail so I switched to a brighter color as it was a bright day and dirty water. I used both a limetreuse DSL and Chartreuse Gulp! swimming mullet on a drop shot rig. I kept chasing the birds until 0745 and landed 4 mid to upper slot reds. (23.5, 25, 25.5, 27.75'.) Twas a great day on the water. First time I caught a limit of reds and before 8am to boot. Was a great feeling!

I got give mad props to God and Tobin from Trout Support! If it wasn't for the Lord blessing me with such a perfect day on the water and Tobin for coaching me through everything for the past few months I probably wouldn't have been successful and wouldn't have as much knowledge as I do today. If you haven't bought Tobin's DVD's I highly recommend you buying all 4 of them like I did. I was catching anything and knew little about fishing before I bought his DVD's and now I'm years ahead of where I was before and it's only been a year. Thanks T!

Kayak: 2015 Hobie PA14
Weather: Bluebird sky NE - E wind @ 10 - 15kts
water clarity: 6" in the morning becoming 1' in the afternoon.
Temp:57*
Water Temp: 67*
Lures: Ratic Shad Buggs, limetreuse DSL and Chartreuse Gulp! swimming mullet

IMG_3182.JPG
IMG_3187.JPG
IMG_3185.JPG
txspeck
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Freeport 11/20

Post by txspeck »

Nice haul!
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

Another great report, thanks for sharing.
troutslinger
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Cypress/West Galveston bay/ East Matty/ Mirrolure Pro Staff

Post by troutslinger »

Nice catch!!!