Anyone been Night Fishing lately?

Yakety-Yak

Anyone been Night Fishing lately?

Post by Yakety-Yak »

Has anyone been lately? Was just curious as to how good the lights have been. I know that bait is starting to move out from the canals but I'm talking about the other lights.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Anyone been Night Fishing lately?

Post by kickingback »

Went Monday night (Halloween) about 2100 and fished the causeway until 0100. Only caught small trout near most of the lights and the larger ones were near the gate lights. Tossed em all back to nature. Made my way to Tiki and the water was moving well with the south west winds and the tide was going out well. This made the lights on the south side better for bait movement. Caught a bunch of double hooks and small ones here as well but managed about 50/50 over 14 and under 14. Nothing over 17. Caught 3 baby reds as well in the same lights. tried to get the flounder to bite but couldn't find them. Made my way to the north side and the lights had fish but again small. Caught another baby red and made my way over to the railroad tracks in north Jones about 0630 and had lots of bait being drawn out of the marsh and trout and reds were abundant. Tossed a bunch of different baits and lures at them and managed to catch a few there as well only they were keeper size. Again, tossed em back.
Sorry no pics as I was out to try different lures that night. At the causeway I was getting hook ups with skitterwalks, YO-Zuri Crystal 3D minnows and shrimp, A few square bills and the ultimate Paul Browns (or should I say Steve Brown also), peanut, bug eye and broken back. I got hits on all these except the broken back. Caught about 4 trout on these lures. I also tried out a few weedless setups for flounder near the reefs. Looks promising. Left about 1000 Tuesday morning. It was a nice morning on the water with this weather.
volyak

Post by volyak »

I fished Tiki canals a week ago. Fished until about 12:30AM Thursday morning. Mainly fished the north side. Was not a lot of water movement, but some. Caught about 50 sand trout in the green lights. Also caught a couple nice reds (21" and 22").
Papa33

Post by Papa33 »

Fished Friday the 30th and caught a TON of sand trout. Probably 2x a limits worth of undersized specs. Did manage to catch three just over 15 and one just over 16 but realeased them all to grow up. Caught them all on soft plastics on or near the bottom. I too was looking for the flounder bite but wasn't lucky enough to catch any. There was another yaker fishing the light next to me who managed to catch a keeper flounder and a few specks but I'm not sure on measurements cause I didn't want to buy him. Seems like the trout have been getting smaller and smaller as we get later in the year. At least that has been my luck at the causeway. Anyone else catching 17 inch plus specs at the causeway lately?
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

It's getting cooler now and the bigger girls are out in the bays I think. Usually are for the colder months I think to warm up in the sun beaten shallows.