Weekend Fishing report 10/22-23- Pierce Marsh-West Bay

lahai1dj

Weekend Fishing report 10/22-23- Pierce Marsh-West Bay

Post by lahai1dj »

Took a quick trip yesterday to Pierce Mash, and this morning to Galveston Bay as part of my self-guided artificial-only, flounder training in preparation for the run :D

10/22: I got to Pierce around 5:30pm and begin fishing a marsh drain just south of the bridge. Started using a chartreuse swimming mullet and after I had no hits for an hour I switched to Chicken Boy Bubba Clucker in Chicken on a Chain. This produced one 17 in flounder. It was getting dark so I paddled back, thankful that I was not skunked. On the paddle back I saw an underwater light with a half dozen ducks swimming around it. I shoo'd the ducks away and cast a 3" Gulp! White Shrimp into the light and pulled up a keeper Spec.

10/21: I got out into a Bay Mash just before sunrise and made a long paddle to a marsh drain. It was too windy for comfort and the current was ripping through the drain. I anchored up as good as I could and dragged jigs on the bottom: 1.) Gulp Swimming Mullet in pearl white and chartreuse 2.) Bubba Clucker in Chicken on a Chain. I set up a tandem rig and tested combinations of these three baits. My first hit (16in) was with the pearl white swimming mullet on the high position on the rig. Later I caught a tiny 12in flounder on pearl white. After two hours in these windy conditions I paddled back in and called it a day.
Attachments
IMG_0188.JPG
IMG_0187.JPG
IMG_0186.JPG
lahai1dj

Re: Weekend Fishing report 10/22-23- Pierce Marsh-West Bay

Post by lahai1dj »

10/23 flounder
Attachments
IMG_0192.JPG
IMG_0191.JPG
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Cool stuff! They are definitely on their way out to the gulf with these fronts coming through.
Drifting Yak
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Drifting Yak »

Nice pics! Makes ya want to get out on the water!