Ingleside on the Bay - October 9, 2016

Neumie
Site Admin

Ingleside on the Bay - October 9, 2016

Post by Neumie »

After our beat down from the wind the day before and wanting a quick trip before packing up and leaving Rockport we again had to find a location which offered some protection Ne winds, but also decent fishing. I took the guys to a small flat by Ingleside on the Bay which I haven't fished in about 7 years, but it has always kicked me a couple of good fish. Now, when I say it's a small flat, it's pretty small. Like 2's company, 3's a crowd small flat. So perfect for a quick morning trip.

We launched and made the quick paddle to the flat. I had brought all my lures, but I knew I wasn't going to toss anything other than a topwater all morning. It started off slow for use, but the topwater bite began to pick up when the sun cleared the trees. I was mostly catching rat reds and dink trout on topwaters. Whit picked up a keeper trout tossing a cocahoe on the outside of the reef.

I picked up a keeper trout and then realized I had left my stringer at the cabin. I decided to toss the trout down in the footwell until I finished my drift and could deal with the trout then. The trout had other intentions and flopped out. I just said to myself "Whelp, that sucks" and kept on plugging. I was rewarded another trout and a slot red, all on topwaters. Being our last day and having dealt with a lot of wind it was nice to finish up on a easier paddle, having another solid topwater bite, and getting to string up a couple more fish before heading back to the 9-5 on Monday.

Time: 7:15 am - 10:00 am
Air Temp: 76 °F
Wind: NNE @ 10 kn
Barometric Pressure: 1020 mb (steady)
Water Clarity: <2 feet
Water Temp: 83 °F
Structure: Grass & Sand Flats

Predicted Tides @ Port Aransas
High @ 3:04 am (1.35 ft)
Low @ 3:22 pm (0.62 ft)

Solunar:
Sunrise/set: 7:25 am/7:04 pm
Moonrise/set: 2:33 pm/12:46 am
Moon Phase: Waxing Gibbons (53%)

Lures:
Silver Mullet Super Spook Jr.
Pearl Rapala Skitterwalk
Pumpkin Pepper/Chartreuse H&H 3" Cocahoe Minnow on 1/8oz flutter hook

Fish:
Reds: 1 keeper & a few rats
Trout: 2 keepers & a couple of dinks

Last edited by Neumie on Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
texnomad
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: Ingleside on the Bay - October 9, 2016

Post by texnomad »

Thank you very much for the map and report.
YakRunabout

Post by YakRunabout »

Great series of reports. Thanks for the detail and the tracks, I feel like I have been on a tour. Sounds like a great fishing outing.
osochuck
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by osochuck »

Nice details, great report's

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk