TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...

By texasflatrat
Legocrusader and I made a trip last weekend looking for "The Tunnel to Redfish Heaven". We didn't find it, but we did find a pretty good spot that we are now calling "Redfish Resort". The reds have definitely started to school up and seem to be pretty actively feeding throughout pretty much the entire day. With tides being a little high we located the majority of our fish on protected shorelines with sparse flooded grass. If the fish were not accessible to sight cast then a popping cork and gulp was used to get their attention. No trophies on this day, but we did more catching than fishing. Please follow the link below to my website for a full report.

http://texasflatrat.com/2016/09/08/the-journey-to-redfish-resort/

Shoreline Cruisers.jpg

Redfish Splash.jpg

PC & Gulp.jpg
By teen yaker
texasflatrat wrote:Legocrusader and I made a trip last weekend looking for "The Tunnel to Redfish Heaven".

I spent like an hour scouring youtube comments and looking at google Earth and I'm almost 100% that I finally found it. But I haven't tried out the spot... yet
By SuperShane
Yes the tunnel it's a mysterious place, but it is glorious.

FYI : if you do find it that pro angler won't make it, my outback barely got through and I broke a rod.
By TrailChaser
Great report and great action shots. Maybe I should do a fishing spot treasure hunt. Each great spot has a clue that leads to the next spot until you finally end up at the tunnel to redfish heaven. With these high tides we've been having I'm not sure it's passable right now. My main worry with that video being popular, is someone getting in there without knowing what the tide's going to be doing in a couple of hours.

teen yaker wrote:
texasflatrat wrote:Legocrusader and I made a trip last weekend looking for "The Tunnel to Redfish Heaven".

I spent like an hour scouring youtube comments and looking at google Earth and I'm almost 100% that I finally found it. But I haven't tried out the spot... yet

Send me a map pin in a PM and I'll confirm if you have the right place. I'm curious to know how the people who do find it actually find it. I know how supershane found if. 8)
By kickingback
Cool report...just curious...how were you planing on getting that power pole through "The Tunnel to Redfish Heaven"?...lol j/k

I have looked before and think I found it too but I want to take a smaller yak there instead of my large Hobie.
By fernando.hurtado
Hey can someone tell me where i can find red fish heaven me and my brother have been looking for it everyday one google earth and cant find it
By Yaklash
Not sure who dredged up this old report :? , but as far as I'm concerned, the entire Texas Coast is redfish heaven. 40 years ago, you'd have been hard pressed to catch many redfish anywhere but at jetties or BTB. Thanks to TP&WD, a net ban (Texas was the first Gulf Coast state to ban nets), the GCCA (long before they went nationwide) and Dupont (who donated the property for the first and still significant hatchery), literally hundreds of millions of redfish fingerlings have been released into our bay systems. If you can't catch redfish in Texas, you need to either get educated on what you're doing wrong or sell all your gear and take up quilting :lol: :lol:

I'm always catchinmg those rubber lip bastards as by-catch
By Dandydon
The Fishing Attorneys found Redfish Heaven in Greens Lake with guide Capt. Scott Null. We shadowed small terns hovering over schools of big redfish cruising all those reedy islands in there. Incredible action sight-casting to big slot redfish!
But big problem getting there without a powerboat! If anybody knows a secure kayak launch for Greens Lake, please advise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How many Fly Guys?

I've lived in Southeast Tennessee for the last 12 […]

High Island / Sea Rim - 9/16/18?

I didn't think I was that old. :D :D :D […]

You guys make my day. Thank you. That is what I se[…]

2016 Outback

I’m gonna jump on a 2019, so I will sell my 2016 y[…]