B&R 9/2

Zackthefisherman

B&R 9/2

Post by Zackthefisherman »

I fished Brown and Root on Friday the 2nd and had pretty good morning. If you saw my last report you know that I didn't have much success until the very end. So I decided to pick up right where I left off last time. I focused my fishing on the deeper channels and guts with moving water.

I ended up with two keeper trout, 5 or 6 undersized trout, my first red out of a yak (undersized), and two lizard fish. I also tangoed with a big Cownose Ray that I some how hooked on the top of the head. At first he didn't fight real hard and I thought I had a decent Trout or Redfish. Right as I got him into sight he saw the kayak and took off. He took me on my first slay ride and started towing me towards a channel that has some minor boat traffic. I decided to lock down the drag and luckily it pulled the hook; I honestly think that was the best outcome for both parties.

I caught around the same number of fish on both a TTF Trout Killer in East Beast and a Saltwater Assassin in Grey Ghost. Like I said before the key was fishing the deeper guts with moving water.

kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: B&R 9/2

Post by kickingback »

Good report Zack! Like your pictures! Thanks for sharing.