Livingston dam

txkidd

Livingston dam

Post by txkidd »

Headed out this morning at 6 and was greeted with slow moving and super shallow water. Started peddling towards the dam hrowing lures with no takers. On the way there I see gar rolling everywhere and decide it's gonna be an anchor,sit, and relax type of day. I paddle to the bank and net me some mullet then off to anchoring at 6ft. Sitting in the same spot till noon. I landed around 6 gar with live mullet under a cork and lost mAny more. Sometimes the were hooked instantly and sometimes they would submerge the float for over 3 min and still couldn't Hook em. When they started wearing me out I switched to free lining cut mullet in search of catfish and did just that landed over 20 ranging from 13-18" with some more gar in the mix. Everything but 8 catfish were released. ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
adanvjr

Re: Livingston dam

Post by adanvjr »

Nice report!
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

The last time I was out there, which was not long ago, I had a heck of a time anchoring up. With only one gate open, the moving water still made it tough to anchor up for a kayak. Looks like you were catching and having a great day out there. Nice pics!!
txkidd

Post by txkidd »

Yakety_Yak wrote:The last time I was out there, which was not long ago, I had a heck of a time anchoring up. With only one gate open, the moving water still made it tough to anchor up for a kayak. Looks like you were catching and having a great day out there. Nice pics!!
Great day indeed! I thought I would have problems aswell, but the 5lb grappling anchor held the outback fine.
Spoonbill

Post by Spoonbill »

Nice report, and meal looked delicious.