Drum bay

rgrayson

Drum bay

Post by rgrayson »

I went down to Galveston hoping to fish west bay but the wind was a little too much for my comfort so I drove down to the more protected drum bay to do some exploring. One thing about the wind that was good was that it made the heat pretty manageable for a while but the water was chocolate milk. I ended up finding a deep hole to sit on and caught a 15 inch flounder, a sheepshead, a croaker, a few undersized trout and a nice 24" red. The flounder and a couple trout were caught in a gulp shrimp bounced on the bottom and the rest were caught on live shrimp. I wasn't out there long but the bite seemed to be picking up for me when I had to leave at about 11. I was hoping for a keeper trout so I could have my first slam (I don't know the rules but I feel like undersized shouldn't count) but it was a good day all the same. Never went too long without a bite.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Drum bay

Post by kickingback »

Nice report! Thanks for sharing!
pandocalrissian

Post by pandocalrissian »

You are correct undersized does not count. If that where true it would more than double my slams haha. Good job finding a hole in drum bay that place is shallow.
The Angler

Post by The Angler »

nice
StrykerDM

Post by StrykerDM »

Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk