Bastrop Skunked and Plundered

HawgBauss

Bastrop Skunked and Plundered

Post by HawgBauss »

I would like to report that the fishing was great at Lake Bastrop a week ago today. Unfortunately it was my least favorite fishing trip to date. Got to South Shore Park around 4pm, set up camp at the #12 campsite. Locked up the truck, chained the cooler and bike to picnic table and headed out in the kayak around 6. I was traveling from Austin to East Tx for the weekend so I had alot of my personal belongings in my truck along with camping and fishing gear. Fished for a few hours with only one bite on a topwater but wasn't having any luck so I headed back to make some dinner. Got back to the site and starting prepping dinner, sat down to drink a few beers and then realized I wanted something from my truck. To my surprise the passenger door was unlocked and all the other doors were locked. And that's when I realized that all my bags that were on the front seat are now gone. Laptop bag, pistol bag, and my camera bag all gone without a trace. GRRRR. Who the hell robs people at a campsite in the middle of the day with lots of people around? Of course I called the sheriffs office to report the incident and they were able to get a hold of the LCRA police who sent a ranger out to file the report. Sgt. Snyder was super nice and even went as far to dust for fingerprints at 11pm with nothing but our flashlights illuminating the crime scene. So my warning is to all you guys, hide your stuff or just don't even leave anything valuable in your vehicle when visiting the park. It's too bad I had to learn this the hard way and hopefully they catch the sorry sack.
MobyYack
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: On the road between Humble & Galveston - Aboard the Pequod - Just below Cpt. Ahab's knee

Re: Bastrop Skunked and Plundered

Post by MobyYack »

ouch sorry to hear that
smtxom

Re: Bastrop Skunked and Plundered

Post by smtxom »

That really blows. Sorry that happened to ya. Southshore park used to be a nice fun park. My buddy has a few jet skis and we'd go down there and ride them. The last few trips we got chewed out from park staff for parking the jet skis too close to the swimming area. Then the last time we went we were flat out told we needed to leave. No reason given. No rules were broken. Just "You need to leave". We hadn't even gassed up the skis or unloaded.

A neighbor works for LCRA and addressed it with a supervisor there. We were told we were welcome back anytime and if we had any trouble again to notify them. We never went back. North shore is cleaner and better.