The Lagoon

shadowyaker

The Lagoon

Post by shadowyaker »

The wife had a planned trip to go to east beach for Sunday May 1st. The weather wasn't looking so good but we said what the heck and took a chance. Just got my first yak about a week ago and thought it would be good for a beginner like me to paddle around in that there lagoon on Boedecker Rd. We made it there at round 9am It was overcast and windy, now I had googled the lagoon an not much info on the web, lots of your wasting your time there are no fish there. I managed to land me a 15 inch speck my first catch in my new yak. I was excited and disappointed at the same time. Since I knew that we were going to beach afterward and I heard there were no fish in the lagoon I thought there was no need to bring a stringer or cooler for bringing the fish back home. Well I am glad I was wrong about that, and I am glad I was able to catch me some fish. Im hooked on yak fishing from here on out.
RedsOnRiot

Re: The Lagoon

Post by RedsOnRiot »

Sometimes I will go there for a quick wade if I'm in the area, never yaked it before. Offers good protection when there is a north wind blowing. I've never had a spectacular day out there but I have gotten into the reds and trout.
redneckyakclub01
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by redneckyakclub01 »

It's a good sign that your first post included catching a fish.... welcome!
HtXfisherMan8706

Post by HtXfisherMan8706 »

Welcome to the addiction! Glad you had a good time, and always stay safe out there. Respect the sport and the nature you are in!