Fayette County Lake

glohse

Fayette County Lake

Post by glohse »

This past Saturday my GF and I drove up to Fayette County Lake. This was the first time we had fished this water. When we stopped in at the little bait shop just outside the gate, we were told that the lake was closed due to high water. We then drove up to the front gate only to be told that the lake was open but that the boat ramp was closed.

Boat ramp?

We don't need no stinking boat ramp!

Any little piece of shoreline will do. We launched through the picnic area and ended up catching six bass between the two of us. One was caught under a tree along the shoreline, one in some standing timber and the remaining four over shallow grass beds. Two were caught on a Carolina-rigged yellow-green hook tail and the other four using shallow-running lures. An additional two managed to spit out the lure on the way back to the kayak, one in mid-leap which was quite a sight. Best of all, however, it was great to be out on the water with no power boats.
Attachments
Most of the bass were caught over shallow grass beds
Most of the bass were caught over shallow grass beds
First bass of the day
First bass of the day
One of the advantages of kayaks is that you can launch from anywhere
One of the advantages of kayaks is that you can launch from anywhere
pandocalrissian

Re: Fayette County Lake

Post by pandocalrissian »

Good job. I love that lake and I have never been on it with no power boaters, must of been awesome.
Cruisin_Cuda
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Cypress, Tx- Earth JK Cruise, Urban Camo JK Cuda 14, Camo Hobie Outback

Post by Cruisin_Cuda »

haven't been there since i was a kid but my PB bass came out there! nice yaks too! are they both big rigs?
glohse

Post by glohse »

CruisinSexyHD wrote:haven't been there since i was a kid but my PB bass came out there! nice yaks too! are they both big rigs?
Thank you. One is a Big Rig and the other is a Kraken 15. My original notion was one for fresh water and the other for inshore but as I am usually out with my GF, I put her on the one that is less likely to flip.
Cruisin_Cuda
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Cypress, Tx- Earth JK Cruise, Urban Camo JK Cuda 14, Camo Hobie Outback

Post by Cruisin_Cuda »

glohse wrote:
CruisinSexyHD wrote:haven't been there since i was a kid but my PB bass came out there! nice yaks too! are they both big rigs?
Thank you. One is a Big Rig and the other is a Kraken 15. My original notion was one for fresh water and the other for inshore but as I am usually out with my GF, I put her on the one that is less likely to flip.
smart man :lol: those krackens are pretty sweet too. one day i'll have a third boat and it'll either be a kracken 13.5 or cuda 14.
CarlP

Post by CarlP »

We were out there also on Saturday. Great action all day and no power boats. Did have the guard at the check in station go off on us on the way out. Kept asking us if we could read the sign that said boat ramp closed. Didn't say anything about me not sliding my Ride 115 in the water and having a great day.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
CarlP

Post by CarlP »

We were out there also on Saturday. Great action all day and no power boats. Did have the guard at the check in station go off on us on the way out. Kept asking us if we could read the sign that said boat ramp closed. Didn't say anything about me not sliding my Ride 115 in the water and having a great day.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk