Reccomendations for Venice, LA

bbump

Reccomendations for Venice, LA

Post by bbump »

Planning a non-kayak trip looking for guide, lodging & food ideas. Thanks
Backcast

Re: Reccomendations for Venice, LA

Post by Backcast »

We stayed her in Port Sulphur. The drive to Venice is not too far. Food was excellent and nice accomodations. They also have guides that work from there. You can stay in Venice but not much in the way of food. I think we stayed in Venice Marina rentals first time.

http://www.woodlandplantation.com/rooms.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Joe
Zackthefisherman

Post by Zackthefisherman »

A few summers back I got to join my friends on a trip to Venice. Their uncle owns a lodge down there and they make a couple trips a year. He used to fish pro Redfish tournaments and has appeared on multiple tv shows. The food, lodge, and guides were great. The fishing was insane. We easily caught our limit of Redfish each day plus tons of Trout, Flounder, Blackdrum, etc. I know this is a bias opinion but I would highly recommend them!

http://www.paradise-plus.com/
TxFlats

Post by TxFlats »

I think its a little further south but we took a trip out of Barataria last year. Charter service was Bourgeois Fishing charters. The fishing, lodging and food were all excellent.
Copperspoonfly

Post by Copperspoonfly »

I stayed at the woodland plantation last year. The food and lodging and fishing was top notch. We took a charter from Post Sulfur and got into a huge school of bull reds that were schooled up on the surface off the beach. We hooked one bull red after another on topwaters and then on flies.
Don't overlook the kayak fishing in the area. We hired Venice kayak guide service and we caught several nice reds near the launch site. It is hard to beat Venice if the conditions are good. One thing to keep in mind is that Venice can get blown out with muddy water form the mississippi. If the conditions are not good, I would change plans and head to delacroix or Hopedale. Post a report when you get back from your trip. Good luck!
Luv_ya_blu

Post by Luv_ya_blu »

Eddie Burger hands down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jnd1959

Post by jnd1959 »

There is a motel about a mile from the marina. Are you looking for inshore or offshore? Offshore I've gone with superstrike charters. They use catamarans so the gas Bill is easy on the wallet. Caught many tuna with them. I don't have a recommendation for inshore.