Grand Isle, La. trip results

texoma1231

Grand Isle, La. trip results

Post by texoma1231 »

We made the trip to Grand Isle this past week and had a great time and thanks to all for the help and locations provided to launch. The fishing was good for trout at both of the bridges before you enter Grand Isle. There were also some flounder being caught on live bait. Most of the trout were caught on plastic under a cork. The color did not matter much but black with a char. tail worked well. The key was to be at the location at the time the trout came thru. When they did several people caught limits or near limits. Most were small but legal and the big end were around 2 lbs. No redfish were caught this trip and I caught all of my trout on a black and char. clouser.

There were still some bull reds being caught off of the bridge side pier on the island side next to the marina. Tuesday there were 5 or 6 landed that were in the 40" size.

In talking with some of the local anglers, they said that the water needed to warm up just a little to have the trout bite at the best. Temp should be around 72 for the best response.

Fly fishing would be more productive as the water warms up and I am planning to go back. We fished on the north side of Hwy. 1 and put in at each bridge on different days.

Thanks again for all of the help!!!!!
Overkill

Re: Grand Isle, La. trip results

Post by Overkill »

Next time you go back....

Go down hwy 1 until you get to Ludwig. Take a left on Ludwig, and go all the way down. On the last street before you get to the Louisiana Fisheries Wildlife Department facility, take a left. This is one street past Chighizola ln. Take the first right, and then the first left. This will lead you to the Grand Isle Kayak Launch.

http://i.imgur.com/BY6Q67r.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i.imgur.com/HuGMPbf.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The trout & flounder love to run these "jetty" areas and the spaces in between. Zero motorized boat activity inside the "jetty" areas and very little on the outside.

I go here every year... (family owns a camp)... and love the fishing!
texoma1231

Re: Grand Isle, La. trip results

Post by texoma1231 »

Thanks for the information Overkill......Grand Isle is a great place to fish and I hope I get to go back soon. This looks like a great place to launch.

Thanks again!!!