Fishing the Lights - Round 2

YakRunabout

Fishing the Lights - Round 2

Post by YakRunabout »

I went out to a different area last night to fish the evening and onto the lights after sunset, this time with a fishing buddy. We were hoping to find conditions similar to Monday. But a bit of a disappointment in the end. At the lights there were a few more bait fish, but still not a lot. The issue was that the big fish were missing. There were a few around but much more scattered than on Monday. Water temperature was a couple degrees warmer but still only 66. Similar conditions and results as reported by the ‘lights and nights’ post. On the night we ended up landing a nice trout (close to 21" and colorful) and some small flounder.

We ended up seeing the most bait fish and fish action outside the canals under some of the large dock lights. One house had 3 of these which lit up a large area of the water, well out away from the dock. We could see a lot of surface action on approaching. I ended up landing the trout pictured below taken on a yo-zuri lure. I had a few other bumps on this lure and some action on soft plastics but no hook-ups. I suspect these were some smaller fish since I lost the tails off a couple of lures.

We still had a great time. It was a busy area with several other kayakers and powerboats as well as many of the houses occupied and partying. Guess that’s what you get on a holiday weekend.
Attachments
P3251613.JPG
MachewTexas

Re: Fishing the Lights - Round 2

Post by MachewTexas »

Nice catch!