night trip

poleposition

night trip

Post by poleposition »

Needed some time on the water, so I took a solo trip last night. Reached the first light of the night about 9:00 p.m. and hit tandem reds on my second cast. CPR'ed those two and moved on. (Spooked anything else that may have been in that light). There were a lot of trout bumps but few takers - every light had a huge bait ball of glass minnows and every fish caught was gorged with them. Caught another red at an underwater light - he went 20.5". Next overhead light gave me back to back specks 17 & 18" and another red at 21.5". Caught several more dink specks, one more keeper speck at 16" and three more 20" reds. Last light is boiling with undersized specks, so I jig low and slow and get pulled around by my last red for a while. This one capped my night at 27.5"!

Wind was maybe 5mph, water was green, and I hit both tide swings. Everything was caught on a drop shot tandem rig with gulp
Attachments
Solo tiki trip 3-16-16 reds and specks tandem gulp .jpg
Solo tiki trip 3-16-16 reds and specks tandem gulp 3.jpg
Solo tiki trip 3-16-16 reds and specks tandem gulp 4.jpg
YakMack

Re: night trip

Post by YakMack »

That's a great location. Must be between day and day?
vw4fun

Post by vw4fun »

Nice haul!
YakRunabout

Post by YakRunabout »

Nice report and fish, congrats on the outing. I like the lights when the big bait balls are there - a bit hypnotic to watch them.