Rainy Redfish

TrailChaser

Rainy Redfish

Post by TrailChaser »

Went out to a simi-secret marsh with a fellow TKF'er and picked up my new PB inshore redfish. :D

It was a nice paddle out to the spot in Lavaca Bay. There wasn't even a breeze for the first couple of hours, only a on/off slight drizzle. Had planned on working the marsh, but turns out the reds where hanging around on the shorelines eating anything looking edible. Didn't actually see a lot of reds, just big mud boils that "had to be a red" and a bunch of little black drum and sheepshead.

Here's my one and only fish of the day.(it was so awesome my day was made) 30.5" CPR'ed and still making me smile. :D

My fishing buddy did really good to, but I'll let him tell you about it. 8)
YakRunabout

Re: Rainy Redfish

Post by YakRunabout »

Congrats - Nice fish, would have been a fun catch
TrailChaser

Post by TrailChaser »

YakRunabout wrote:Congrats - Nice fish, would have been a fun catch
Thanks, It was a nice 2-3minute sleigh ride. Bonus was I was standing thru the whole thing.(sat down to land it and get pics) Too bad the video sux, tiny raindrops killed the image for the most part.(was still best fight of 2016 trumping my three big black drums by far)
krfish

Post by krfish »

Awesome! I really enjoy watching your YouTube videos. I'm from the Victoria area as well. Maybe one day we can get a trip lined up. Keep up the good work!
Johnny5455
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Johnny5455 »

Nice bull!
TrailChaser

Post by TrailChaser »

Johnny5455 wrote:Nice bull!
I think I made her mad by calling her a "baby bull" after landing her. If fish could talk she'd have probably set me strait that she's not a baby anything. lmao
krfish wrote:Awesome! I really enjoy watching your YouTube videos. I'm from the Victoria area as well. Maybe one day we can get a trip lined up. Keep up the good work!
Definitely sent me a PM, I'm always welcome to having some company out on the water.
hillbillie

Post by hillbillie »

Good fish. I drive across the Lavaca bridge every other week and that is usually some awesome looking water.