Harmon Creek Whites

hipshot
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: New Caney ............... OK Trident 13, Dagger Cayman, OK Torque, Soloskiff

Harmon Creek Whites

Post by hipshot »

Hit Harmon Creek Marina Saturday with a friend. Slow all morning. We made our way up to the bend above the pontoon boat with my buddy picking up a few males on a Roadrunner, and I found no interest in my flies. After the day warmed up by early and mid afternoon the bite picked up a little and we picked up a couple dozen sublegal, and a few barely legal, bucks on Roadrunners and flies. A fun trip, but still a bit early. The big gals should be up there any time now. The water was still a bit off color. I didn't think to take a thermometer to get a water tempreature reading.
jcop77320

Re: Harmon Creek Whites

Post by jcop77320 »

I tried my yak going up creek that Saturday that they had their white bass tourney and no luck. The floods really screwed that place up. I caught one white and one black on a purple jig and that's it. Only a couple people turned in 10 fish limits for the contest and they were from around the bridge. I had one at least 16 inch black swim by the boat with another 12 in her following it, no interest. I was hoping for a limit but I guess it worked out since they shouldn't be eaten anyway with the dioxin warnings posted.