aransas pass 2/13/16 redfish were hungry!!

fishmechanix

aransas pass 2/13/16 redfish were hungry!!

Post by fishmechanix »

got yak unloaded and was sitting on the bank watching the dark sky begin to start lighting up. once there was just enough light to see the glassy water infront of me boiling with bait fish running for their lives i began dragging my yak behind me with a rope and clocked in and went to work! wading a drop off from a marsh area with about 14 to 16 inches of water to my left and a deep drop off to my right throwing a pearl/black back fat boy didnt take long to pull in my first red 20 inches on my new shimano sahara 3000 reel. he was released because everwhere i could see much biiger ones making wake heading out from the marsh fast!! they would make it just before the drop off and slow down then bam!!! they would rush the mullet off the drop off and gone. played with them for about 30 mins till the sun rose just above the horizon the hopped in yak and headed only about 100 yards futher along the drop off the the next point of land and began seeing massive tails flopping 30 yards infront of me. had some mullet ready to go and trew out two poles and waited maybe 10 mins when he hit my rod bent way down and spooked around 20 or so reds that were piled up all around me. he was 29 inches. this pattern went on for about and hour till the tails were no longer present and fish had moved on with their bellies full. RIGHT PLACE RIGHT TIME i guess.... left happy by 10am with a 29in, 27in, and a 26in reds. had a blast
Attachments
20160213_091021_resized.jpg
20160213_063738_resized.jpg
FB_IMG_1455373653520_resized.jpg
FingerMullet

Re: aransas pass 2/13/16 redfish were hungry!!

Post by FingerMullet »

Awesome!! I was there on Tuesday-2/16/16 & the Reds were in there. I was able to catch a couple & lost one at the yak..
fishmechanix

Post by fishmechanix »

Fingermullet I bet they were I had to work Tuesday but seen the water on my way and it was glassy like Saturday. A friend even sent me a picture on his way to work of redfish feeding. He could see them from the road!
StevenM
Location: Fredericksburg and Aransas Pass Texas Wilderness Ride 135

Post by StevenM »

Great meeting you and your wife out there this weekend. Wish we would have got there early Saturday but the late night Friday took its toll
Great report
See ya next weekend drinks are on me
Steven
dihappy

Post by dihappy »

Glad to hear you got something in AP
That's not too far from home, I'll need to try.