Decisions!! AP or Copano

StevenM
Location: Fredericksburg and Aransas Pass Texas Wilderness Ride 135

Decisions!! AP or Copano

Post by StevenM »

Well its a good thing when the wife tells you as you are walking out the door "I want to fish this weekend"
So the question I pose is Aransas Pass or Copano ?
She said get on your message boards and find out.
So any of you guys got any recent scouting reports or advice for these area you want to share would be helpful. Haven't been down there the last few weeks.
Not in anyway asking for Honey holes but since the wife is along there wont be much exploring and just looking to point in the right direction
Leaning towards Steadmans or B&R
Drmsfish

Re: Decisions!! AP or Copano

Post by Drmsfish »

Don't know about the last few days but last Friday, the water was very high and off color even in the back lakes around Aransas Pass. Fished way down south and found the same on Saturday. The water still looks fairly high so it may be tough. I don't fish Copano so can comment.
Matt
StevenM

Post by StevenM »

Thanks
On our way down now. Planning on Steadmans or lighthouse
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

StevenM wrote:Thanks
If you are launching at Steadman's or Fin & Feather, with high tides, take a good look at the shallow grass flats between the ICW and the chain of islands that include Ransom and the two Dagger Islands. I can't give you current reports, but know that in falls passed, when I have been there and the tide was running nearly a foot above normal, the grass beds behind those islands were loaded with redfish and there were usually some nice trout mixed in with the reds.
StevenM

Post by StevenM »

Yaklash wrote:
StevenM wrote:Thanks
If you are launching at Steadman's or Fin & Feather, with high tides, take a good look at the shallow grass flats between the ICW and the chain of islands that include Ransom and the two Dagger Islands. I can't give you current reports, but know that in falls passed, when I have been there and the tide was running nearly a foot above normal, the grass beds behind those islands were loaded with redfish and there were usually some nice trout mixed in with the reds.
Thanks Yaklash
Know exactly where you are talking about
Soon as this rain clears out we'll be on it