LSKS Report-10.76# of Fun

Erock

LSKS Report-10.76# of Fun

Post by Erock »

Left the house geared up about 3:45 and headed to the coast! Got to the launch and Hemi and his dad were prepping their yaks. I eased over to my spot and got the Prowler ready for combat. With the dark moon we paddled out and I started throwing a big pink/chrome Skitterwalk and strung my first mid slot of the morning within minutes! A moment later Matt had one in the net and another bowed up on his jig. The first one was just under and the second one just over Lol. School action lasted about another thirty minutes but all we had to show for it was one keeper each. I pretty much spent the rest of the day setting up long drifts with a drift sock over mud/shell mix and against a grass line. I threw the top water, a gulp root beer/chartreuse shrimp under a midcoast and a pearl/chartreuse gulp mantis shrimp on a 1/4 jig head. Ended up catching several rat reds, four trout and a flounder....added a second 21" red to complete my stringer but knew I needed more to compete! Matt had two nice fish that I figured would put him in the top five and his dad had a fat upper slot to make a showing so they loaded up. I set up one more long drift to take me back to the truck just outside of a reef and finally got that "tap" I needed. When it was over I had my anchor fish so I could cull the smaller red and head to the Lizard! Ended up with 10.76# with the live bonus and got 15th place, won 90$ a nice stringer and some goodies! If you haven't fished this tourney your missing out! Anybody can find themselves in the money and if nothing else have a good time, meet some TKF'rs and win some gear! Dustin and his gang get it done with class and provide a no pressure laid back atmosphere! Thanks...see ya in Rocktober!
texasflatrat

Re: LSKS Report-10.76# of Fun

Post by texasflatrat »

Good write up! You're absolutely right, anyone can find themselves in the money.
Hemi Fisher

Re: LSKS Report-10.76# of Fun

Post by Hemi Fisher »

Its always nice to end the day with an upgraded fish only 20 yards from the launch.