AP & Church Hole

FingerMullet

AP & Church Hole

Post by FingerMullet »

I went out this past Friday 8/14 to Aransas Pass to wet the line. I launched at 7am from Electric Loop & paddled across the Aransas Channel to Lighthouse Lakes. Winds were very light 5-10mph. Made for easy paddling. Water was clear but very low. Lots of bait fish being chased everywhere. I threw SSJr bone with no takers. Switched to ShePup chrome & black & again with no avail. Paddled further back in skinny water throwing Hunchback chrome & black with a missed swirl of a bronze bodied torpedo. Paddled back to the open drain throwing Cacahoe Blue Moon Pepper plastic picking up 4 dink trout.
20150814_102457.jpg
The next day met up with a friend who was his first time kayaking at Church Hole off of 361 & launched at 630am. There was zero wind. Water was clear & like glass. Mullet everywhere.. As my buddy was acclimating to his yak, I left him to follow fish busting the surface. I threw my Hunchback & picked up a skip jack. Saw another blow up 30yrds away. Paddled to it & picked up another skip jack. Made for great fun to watch the acrobatics of the fish. Unfortunately, my buddy didn't do well at all & took in water. He ended up tipping over because of the weight of the water inside of his yak. We were done by 10am. Despite his unfortunate event, he said that he liked the kayaking bit!
ImageImage