Pierce Marsh is empty

mullet_man98

Pierce Marsh is empty

Post by mullet_man98 »

My dad and I fished today from 12-6. The water level is really high and the wind was pushing heavy from the SW, making seeing anything near impossible. Threw soft plastics, buggs, and a SS jr to no avail, while my dad had live shrimp under a Cajun thunder. It seemed like the only fish in the water was mullet, may have spooked a red but I wasn't sure.
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Pierce Marsh is empty

Post by karstopo »

High windy water is a challenge. Fish get scattered.
stuman

Post by stuman »

I was catching a few slot reds back in March/April in PM (and seeing much more) but last two trips there have produced a goose egg as well and haven't seen many feeding fish at all. I am sure they are still there but the water is high and has them spread out. I am giving it a break until that water comes down.
therocket37

Post by therocket37 »

I fished that general area 2 days this weekend in my PB and here's my observations: there's too much water in the marsh right now so you have to fish areas that are significantly constricted and the water HAS to be moving, ideally outgoing tide. If you throw your cork up against the grass for example it should be moving at a decent pace along the grass line. I caught some nice reds back there on Friday on an outgoing and Saturday morning was a struggle because the wind was pushing too hard against the tide. All the reds I caught were in a channel and the bait had to be less than a couple feet from the grass line or you wouldn't get a bite