Back in the saddle with a limit!!

nhantech

Back in the saddle with a limit!!

Post by nhantech »

Well after 2 months of not being able to do anything cuz of ack surgery I finally got the ok from my surgeon Friday. I knew weather all this week was gonna look crappy so I changed my appt from this Monday to the previous Friday. As soon as I got the ok I went to work on the yak to get it ready for this season. We decided to go out Saturday night even though winds were harsh in Galveston. We picked a really well protected area. It took me 3hrs to get to Galveston cause of a bad traffic accident by NASA rd1 and 45 that shut down both sides of the highway. I met manny and the bait shop. This time of the year if I want an easy limit I normally go with live bait cause there is soooooo much bait in the water that fish are super picky. We each picked up a pint of live shrimp. We met up with Blesson at the launch and got on the water probably 10ish. The water was super high. It didn't look too promising. We each went our ways to find some fish. I saw some fish swing in the lights but they were picky. An hr or so went by before I got my first keeper. I. Had a few hook ups of some large trout that eventually spit the hook cuz I didn't set it good enough and drag was too loose. I'm that rusty. Lost 3 good ones. One actuly swam back and laughed at me!! Punked!!! I finally figured where all the fish were. They were at the very bottom. I guess with the Ayer being so high and fresh water there. Once I figured it out it was fish on!! I was catching nice fat 17's consistently. Biggest was a 18" fat trout. I got the 24" red to bite at the end. Over all it was fun to be back in the water with the guys again. No my parents have some fish to take home with the . All fileted and vacuumed sealed.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
mpg2yahoo
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: Back in the saddle with a limit!!

Post by mpg2yahoo »

That looks like a 25" red nhan! I left you all the trout so u could get a limit...lol

I pickup mostly all the Reds out there starting with some rats and 3 keepers, but CPR two of them cuz I'm not eating much fish lately. Kept the 24" fat red to cook this weekend.

Great to have you back in the saddle!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431463415.877490.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431463403.561964.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431463383.194793.jpg
mpg2yahoo
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by mpg2yahoo »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431463480.856838.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431463466.228137.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431463447.249371.jpg
Someone missing at West Bay? This yak was found "floating" around the house canals that night.
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

Ohhhhhh, Nhan!!!! You went fishing and didn't call, lol.

Looks like you guys got into some good stuff! Glad to see ya back in the saddle, Nhan. I'll be fishing later this week and on Sunday night as well. Hit me up if you want to go out. :)
nhantech

Post by nhantech »

Most of the trips I do are last minute and I go in crazy weather to avoid the crowd.
troutslinger
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Cypress/West Galveston bay/ East Matty/ Mirrolure Pro Staff

Post by troutslinger »

Nice way to get back at it. Good job!!!!
surfpunk
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by surfpunk »

BOOM :!: Nice work as always. Good to see you back on the water.

I think that's the ghost yak of west bay...
honkey1

Post by honkey1 »

looks like the new sub surface submarining kayak.. ocean kayak released a limited number of them a few years back... sales were not great due to the need for SCUBA gear :lol:
RatherBeYakkin

Post by RatherBeYakkin »

Whoa, thats kind of a reality check seeing a yak like that. Or maybe I have been watching too much River Monsters and people being dragged into the water? Either way, nice catch!

I need to find me a nice night time place to yak at with decent lighting. The east beach lagoon gets wayyyy too dark. :/
trungqho

Post by trungqho »

DAMNIT SWEETZ

You should've called me.
potlicker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by potlicker »

nhantech wrote:Most of the trips I do are last minute and I go in crazy weather to avoid the crowd.
that's a good one, i need to use that line whenever folks bugged me bout going fishing lol
nhantech

Post by nhantech »

You can use that line anytime potlicker. Lol