New from Oklahoma, need some saltwater help!

Millsman5

New from Oklahoma, need some saltwater help!

Post by Millsman5 »

Hey guys,

I moved from Oklahoma last year and am hooked on saltwater fishing! I spent most of last year surf fishing or bank fishing. Finally got a heritage 12 foot kayak, taken it 3 times out and love it. Only 2 hardheads out of it so far, but love it anyway.

Any advice or people that may let me go out with ya just so I can get a few pointers out there? I live in Dickinson.

Thanks ahead of time
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Re: New from Oklahoma, need some saltwater help!

Post by Yaklash »

Welcome aboard! Probably get more replies in the Saltwater forum than the Fishing Reports forum, and there are quite a few threads there that will give you a head start on catching better fish. Open invites are common in that forum and that would likely be your best bet for hooking up with a few more experienced kayak anglers.
mnfisher

Post by mnfisher »

I also started surf fishing and always wanting to get out there BTB. Got myself a kayak and have gone out 3 times, each progressively more challenging and more interesting. The last trip, I caught 7 good-sized sharks in 2 days and one red fish. Definitely a rush a a great learning experience. Just look for invitations to outings and join in. Ask if you want info on what to bring, what bait to use or what rigs to use. Everyone is very welcoming and helpful.
Millsman5

Post by Millsman5 »

Thanks guys, I will post in other forum.

I have had luck with live bait, but been trying gulp under corks on kayak lately. Just don't know if I am doing it correctly.
E.F.F.O.R.T. Fishing

Post by E.F.F.O.R.T. Fishing »

We are most likely heading to texas city area (which is close to you) if the weather doesnt change or else we'll be in the Freeport area... if you are interested we are most likely fishing sunday.

E.F.F.O.R.T. Fishing! What puts you into reach of fish with no effort is not fishing! What puts you into reach of fish with effort!... now that's fishing boys! No piers, no boats, no guides. That's real fishing!
Millsman5

Re: New from Oklahoma, need some saltwater help!t

Post by Millsman5 »

Thanks,

Have to take a rain check. Mothers day is one of the few days my wife might shoot me if I go fishing. Lol

I would definetly like to go sometime tho. I am usually able to go any time.

Thanks for invite.