It's on fire!! Easy limit

nhantech

It's on fire!! Easy limit

Post by nhantech »

Well I decided to go out last night, even reports of all day skunked everywhere. Lunar chart says no activity. So I basicly had all the odds stacked against me. That's how I like it!! Lol. Packed up and headed out around 7ish. I got to tiki around 8 and launched. I was the only one there. My oh my. I made my way across the water the the first light in the channel. I was tossing jerk shad tandem style. I could see the trout flow the lure to the top. Next cast I slowed it down a little and bam, the fish hits it. It was just a dink. Worked a few lights in the area but no go. I decided to try a few usual spots but nada. Oh boy......well at least I'm out on yhe water I think to myself. Hehehehehe. As I start making my way to the bay side, I approached my first set of lights. I hear frantic popping and see fish action. As I creeped up there must of been at least 15-20 reds in the light. I tossed all the way across and reeled back in. BAM!! Fish on. I was pulled 20 yards away, from the light but managed to avoid the other lights. Thank goodness for rudder and mirage drive. Ended up being 24". I go back and same thing happens. Bam! 26", them BAM!! I get a pulled 40 yards in the bay direction and its not slowing down. Drag peeling and I'm moving. Then all of a sudden limp.....oh no! I reeled back in and everything was still there. I though I had set the hook hood and being pulled 40 yards Id figured it was set good. Guess I thought wrong. You figure I learned my lesson but nope 2x times this happened on big fish. Reds were at the bottom and the trouts were at the top. It was an awesome view. I worked my way around the side and see this monster fish. At first glance I was like maybe it's the shadow, then it surfaced and it had to of been at least 3ft bullred. Said part was I couldn't get it to bite, then it swam off. Every light I hit had big schools of reds and trout in them. Too bad majority of trouts were small. Saw a few nice size ones swimming around but had to work your way through dinks to get to them. Kinda like back in school, have to get through the not so hot girls to get the hot girl. Same same but different lol. You know its a good night when you get to pick and choose what size fish you wanna keep and still limit. Caught probably 15 slots. I need a better way of taking pics instead of flipping iphone out everytime. Lol Over all a fun night all fish caught on gilp jerk shad tandem, top water lure for trout. I'm guessing tiki will have many visitors tonight. Lol
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
nhantech

Re: It's on fire!! Easy limit

Post by nhantech »

More picss
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
APynckel

Post by APynckel »

If you want some company for one of these, I'd be in like flynn :D
Chief Brody
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Chief Brody »

I love and hate posts like this...

congrats - and thanks for posting (I think...)
nhantech

Post by nhantech »

Lol don't hate!!! I even gave location for all you potlickers out there!!!
Johnny5455
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Johnny5455 »

Way to go!
Ripper

Post by Ripper »

Nice post and nice fish!

You tell a great story along with the fishing report.
Asherb

Post by Asherb »

Oh I see. Now you're poaching my spot. Hahahahaha. Been planning on going out tonight for a week so hopefully you left me some fish.
3rd_Coast_Yaker

Post by 3rd_Coast_Yaker »

awesome report!
nhantech

Post by nhantech »

Asherb wrote:Oh I see. Now you're poaching my spot. Hahahahaha. Been planning on going out tonight for a week so hopefully you left me some fish.

Hahahaha Asherb. That's why I hardly ever plan anything unless it's btb. All bay is last minute or spur of the moment. Go tear'em bro!!!
Whiplash

Post by Whiplash »

Wow. I love days like that
flykool25

Post by flykool25 »

I am kicking my self for not going last night :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: . way to go buddy ......
potlicker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by potlicker »

nhan the nocturnal fisherman :mrgreen:
nhantech

Post by nhantech »

It's much harder for the gw to catch you on the dark. Ninja!!! Lol
eclipse504

Post by eclipse504 »

Last edited by eclipse504 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
nhantech

Post by nhantech »

The way it was that night anything would of produce as long as it was in the water. That's about the only time I can catch fish is when they will bite what ever. Lol