6 to 26, and an Over

TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

6 to 26, and an Over

Post by TroutSupport.com »

Hit Trinity and Upper Galveston areas over the weekend to start of the season. One knockers and Fatboys doing most of the heavy lifting on speckled trout. I've always liked the original Zara Spook size for speckled trout and I'm really glad that they've come out with the one knocker in our favorite super spook colors. Bone, Bone Diamond, Speckled Trout, and I even broke in an Oakie Shad (Chartreuse top, white belly, pink halo side) on a nice 26 inch trout (it's a freshwater model so switch the hooks out). Several 24's fell to TxChkn FatBoys as well, but the majority of the seatrout wanted the topwater...especially Sunday with the prefront warm up with the water temps rising 6 degrees. The fish came from shell and mud but you really had to hone in on where the most baitfish activity was holding, with as cold as the water was, you had to know how to read the water, and read if there was any bait on the flat at all before wasting the time to fish there or not.

I even found and confirmed a couple new big trout spots, in fact all the fish I caught and especially the big ones came from new spots I found using the TroutSupport.com BigTrout DVD... http://www.troutsupport.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; It's all spelled out in that DVD in detail... you can not only find new spots, but you can also find that other guys spots pretty well and with as much pressure as the usual spots get that can mean having a spot to fish when all the well known spots are covered up.

I was also pleased to learn that a family is taking on reopening the Oak Island Restaurant (aptly named the Hurricane) which was shut down by Ike several years ago. They are currently operating the Oak Island Resort hotel and the convenience store there. I gotta tell you, even with gas as low as it currently is, we all know it's going to go back up, but it was super cool to stay there and not have to drive around the bay all weekend. I didn't even know there was an option to stay there on the east side of Trinty. Plus there is some great potential this winter for big trout very near double bayou this year. I'll definitely going back. it would also be a killer place to hold a tourney out of as well. I didn't even know there was a place to stay there besides Oak Island Lodge...pretty sweet deal.
Attachments
FatBoyred30.jpg
FatBoyred30.jpg (57.89 KiB) Viewed 4205 times
Oneknocker26.jpg
Oneknocker26.jpg (47.99 KiB) Viewed 4205 times
macjank7

Re: 6 to 26, and an Over

Post by macjank7 »

Very nice report! I use the base knowledge from all the Troutsupport DVD's to catch fish. Nothing substitutes time on the water but these definitely shorten the learning curve and can get anyone that really wants to get out there and explore a great set of "formulas for success" to apply while fishing.
troutslinger
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Cypress/West Galveston bay/ East Matty/ Mirrolure Pro Staff

Post by troutslinger »

Great report Tobin. Give me a holla when you get back down.
Wag

Post by Wag »

Thanks, Tobin. Always enjoy your posts.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Thanks guys! glad to add some info to the quest.

here's another of the 24's...
Attachments
Trinity24.jpg
Trinity24.jpg (49.24 KiB) Viewed 3951 times
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

Nice Report, TS. A couple of "former" friends were in Trinity Sunday and had a similar day; quite a few trout on tops and a half dozen or so C&R trout over 25." One kept a 29" that inhaled his lure, got a treble into its gills and dang near bled out during the fight. I say former friends cuz those bastiges never gave me a call :x
CoastieCulture
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by CoastieCulture »

Yaklash wrote:Nice Report, TS. A couple of "former" friends were in Trinity Sunday and had a similar day; quite a few trout on tops and a half dozen or so C&R trout over 25." One kept a 29" that inhaled his lure, got a treble into its gills and dang near bled out during the fight. I say former friends cuz those bastiges never gave me a call :x
Right...... :)
Imjustziggy

Post by Imjustziggy »

Hey Tobin which dvd would you recommend for a beginner getting into trout? the big trout or limit trout dvd? which one would give me more info and knowledge for me to find the fish?
dr.flatfish

Post by dr.flatfish »

Good report. Thanks for the link it just went onto my Christmas list. :D
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Imjustziggy wrote:Hey Tobin which dvd would you recommend for a beginner getting into trout? the big trout or limit trout dvd? which one would give me more info and knowledge for me to find the fish?
I think for a kayaker the Big Trout DVD has more bang for the buck, it will also put you into some wintertime reds as well; and it covers more of the water a yaker would cover anyway. But don't let yourself think the Big Trout DVD is only for winter or 'cooler' months. I know guys that have successfully applied it and caught 28 in trout in July and even august... lower odds...but some will stay there. That's what I'd start with, then in mid april come back and get the Limits DVD, it's more of a warm month scenario but it also give you some very solid fundamentals that you'll want to apply every trout trip the rest of your life.

No Trout were harmed during this routine training exercise ;-) all CPR'd
Attachments
FatBoy24.jpg
FatBoy24.jpg (47.62 KiB) Viewed 3655 times
Imjustziggy

Post by Imjustziggy »

TroutSupport.com wrote:
Imjustziggy wrote:Hey Tobin which dvd would you recommend for a beginner getting into trout? the big trout or limit trout dvd? which one would give me more info and knowledge for me to find the fish?
I think for a kayaker the Big Trout DVD has more bang for the buck, it will also put you into some wintertime reds as well; and it covers more of the water a yaker would cover anyway. But don't let yourself think the Big Trout DVD is only for winter or 'cooler' months. I know guys that have successfully applied it and caught 28 in trout in July and even august... lower odds...but some will stay there. That's what I'd start with, then in mid april come back and get the Limits DVD, it's more of a warm month scenario but it also give you some very solid fundamentals that you'll want to apply every trout trip the rest of your life.

No Trout were harmed during this routine training exercise ;-) all CPR'd
Thanks Tobin! putting in my order now. Already got the red bays and marshes, love it!
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

You'll like this one just as much. It will hone you into them to the extent you use it.

Make some waypoints using what it teaches, then go look for what it teaches, it will definitely put you on em... pay attention to what you're seeing. I used the exact same method last sunday to locate 3 new areas and caught fish on them.

Holla after you watch it,
t

tobin@troutsupport.com