Post front fishing

Vlam87

Post front fishing

Post by Vlam87 »

Fishing has been hot on the upper coast before the front and I was wondering how it would be after this front we had Sunday. Got off work relatively early today so I loaded up the yak and was at the launch spot by 3 I clock. Didn't make it in the water till alittle before 4 because I misplaced the keys to the truck and searched everywhere for them even put on the waders and searched around In the water thinking I might have dropped it in there even though I didn't make it that far yet. After almost an hour of searching I looked up and realized I left them on the top of the truck lol stupid me. Water actually looked really good considering the heavy gust of wind we've encountered yesterday. Bait wasn't active though so I didn't have high hopes and knowing that it would get dark around 530 I couldn't make it to deeper waters where I was catching them before the front. Paddled around till I got a wiff of this strong jolly rancher smell and followed the scent trail till I couldn't smell it any more and low and behold a slick! Fished it thoroughly and picked up 6 nice trouts from 18-20 inches throwing a vudu shrimp. Most of the fish I've been filleting had tons of baby shrimp in their stomachs so I switched out the skitterwalk for a popping cork and vudu shrimp. It paid off. Also caught s nice 25 3/5 inch (26 pinched) trout drifting away from the slick. She was fat and the second of that size I've caught this month. Snapped a few quick pictures and let her go. She swam away strong. After that i paddled close to the launch spot and finished the rest of my 6 pack and enjoyed the sunset and beautiful weather. Days like this make you feel lucky to be alive. Till next time!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
revriptide

Re: Post front fishing

Post by revriptide »

Nice! Your killing me though......gotta fish soon! Nice report....
troutslinger
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Cypress/West Galveston bay/ East Matty/ Mirrolure Pro Staff

Post by troutslinger »

Nice!!!!
dr.flatfish

Post by dr.flatfish »

Vlam87, Great post. I enjoy all your posts specially when your catching. Keep up the good work.
Fin-Addict
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Fin-Addict »

Excellent report man. I might just load up and try fishing this afternoon. Thanks for the nudge
187motorsports

Post by 187motorsports »

"Finished the six pack" that right there makes me want to fish with ya.
Vlam87

Post by Vlam87 »

revriptide wrote:Nice! Your killing me though......gotta fish soon! Nice report....
Fishing good on the upper coast right now!
Vlam87

Post by Vlam87 »

dr.flatfish wrote:Vlam87, Great post. I enjoy all your posts specially when your catching. Keep up the good work.
Thank you very much for the kind words. Fall is a easy time of the year for me so catching isn't so hard anywhere you go just gotta be smart :)
Vlam87

Post by Vlam87 »

Fin-Addict wrote:Excellent report man. I might just load up and try fishing this afternoon. Thanks for the nudge
You're not too far from me but if I lived in baytown I'd be going down to McCollum any chance I get!! Hint hint ;) lol
Vlam87

Post by Vlam87 »

187motorsports wrote:"Finished the six pack" that right there makes me want to fish with ya.
Makes fishing that much more exciting ha. Cheers my friend anytime you're down in the Houston area I'll take you up on that trip beers on me lol
Fin-Addict
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Fin-Addict »

Vlam87 wrote:
Fin-Addict wrote:Excellent report man. I might just load up and try fishing this afternoon. Thanks for the nudge
You're not too far from me but if I lived in baytown I'd be going down to McCollum any chance I get!! Hint hint ;) lol
I hear ya, but launching with the kayak there is a PITA to say the least plus I've read reports of break-ins lately.

I wouldn't mind joining you or you joining me sometime.

I wanted to fish Tabbs bay for a little while but didn't get a chance to as I had to pick up my daughter earlier than usual from school. Maybe Friday
Vlam87

Post by Vlam87 »

Fin-Addict wrote:
Vlam87 wrote:
I hear ya, but launching with the kayak there is a PITA to say the least plus I've read reports of break-ins lately.

I wouldn't mind joining you or you joining me sometime.

I wanted to fish Tabbs bay for a little while but didn't get a chance to as I had to pick up my daughter earlier than usual from school. Maybe Friday

That hill is what always gets me even with my kayak wheels it's a pain to haul up especially when it's loaded with all your gear and a stringer of fish.

I usually make it out at random times what times and day are you usually available? I haven't fished tabbs yet but hear good things about it
Fin-Addict
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Fin-Addict »

PM sent
Erock

Post by Erock »

Nice stringer for a short time I the water!
Vlam87

Post by Vlam87 »

Erock wrote:Nice stringer for a short time I the water!
Thanks!! When you find a shook of hungry trout it doesn't take much effort to fill a stringer lol