Brown & Roots Flats 10/5

Rockclimber

Brown & Roots Flats 10/5

Post by Rockclimber »

Delayed report from Sunday. Chartered with Mr Slowride and including my brother and nephew. Wind was much better Sunday than our original plan for Saturday, winds were S/ SE about 10 mph early and built up thru the day. Daylight brought tailing reds that would not take my topwater but my nephew connected with a nice 22" red on a bone topwater. Both my brother and I caught several reds under 20" that were fun, but only one keeper. Water was clear, still in the 80's and tide was up- most of the flats were at least 2 1/2 ft depth. Lots of mullet, some shrimp were seen. I connected on my new favorite topwater, a One Knocker, Sexy Shad. Photos courtesy of Mr Thomas. Great day was had by all- we'll be back!
Attachments
Aransas 1 Oct 2014.jpg
Aransas 1 Oct 2014.jpg (33.49 KiB) Viewed 1682 times
Aransas Oct 2014.jpg
Aransas Oct 2014.jpg (29.97 KiB) Viewed 1682 times
Kingz
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Re: Brown & Roots Flats 10/5

Post by Kingz »

I wanna go next time...heard it was a hoot
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

You are smart to hire Dean. Your learning curve is a lot shorter. One day I will be attending his kayak school, not kidding.
Thinwater skinner
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Thinwater skinner »

Tombo wrote:You are smart to hire Dean. Your learning curve is a lot shorter. One day I will be attending his kayak school, not kidding.
That would be neet if you and Kingz would be students in Dean's class. I might even come back for a second dose of knowledge!!! No more sleeping in class and missing out of the important stuff i missed the first time. Double Dip won't share his notes with me, but he did offer to sell them.

Good luck.
EdK

Post by EdK »

Hey, I went in the backdoor and cut ya'll off in back of the rig as I headed to the outside island cuts. Felt bad as the sea of orange yaks came around the corner. Yep. Fish were misbehaving, they must have caught wind of dean being in the area..he is a red killa don't cha know. Man it got a bit breezy!
Rockclimber

Post by Rockclimber »

Went to his school last spring Tombo- great understanding of the area, fishing it, tidal effects, etc. Definitely worth the price of admission and great time on the water.