Buffalo River - arkansas

HumpBear

Buffalo River - arkansas

Post by HumpBear »

image.jpg
Spent two days on the middle buffalo river and had an awesome trip. Caught 30 to 40 smallies with 4 or 5 coming in at 3 to 5 pounds. It was a great weekend altogether except for the humidity.

I put in at the old Gilbert store. This is a great spot - the owner is really good at making recommendations for put in and take out and was very dependable with my shuttle. I took out at the spring creek access point.

The buffalo river is a beautiful river. I saw turkey roosting on trees hanging over a canyon, deer, and a few cotton mouths. The river is clear and flows at a nice clip.

I caught most of the fish on a small spinner bait with varying shades of chartreuse.
image.jpg
Earl
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Buffalo River - arkansas

Post by Earl »

Beautiful place up there and nice summer retreat. Will be north of there a bit in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the post.

Earl
fishr3

Post by fishr3 »

Thanks for sharing, and "fueling the fire". I'm convinced, I must float and fish the Buffalo River next year.
TX-Matador

Post by TX-Matador »

Yea, the buffalo is awesome. We put in at Ponca and did 14 miles. We were in canoes.
Frog
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Frog »

Memories! I was blessed with many summers canoeing, (hiking and caving) this part of the world.... Very pristine. Was it still pretty secluded??Sounds like you had a great trip!
Relaxo

Post by Relaxo »

The buffalo is a magical place for me as well. We'd float the river during the day fishing the most scenic locations I've ever experienced and camp on the banks at night. We always caught fish although it didn't even matter as beautiful as it was. I was happy just to take pictures. I'd love to go back there some day. Thanks for the reminder :D
capt carl
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by capt carl »

lived 15 miles away for 10 years
big_bad_John

Post by big_bad_John »

I went on a canoe trip up there in June and had a great time. There scenery was beautiful, the fishing was pretty good (we were further down stream than you), and it was over all a great trip. We even saw a few bald eagles!