Kingwood Kayak Fishing Report

MagicYaker

Kingwood Kayak Fishing Report

Post by MagicYaker »

8-13

Lake Houston

Manged some good LMB action today using T-rigged ZOOM trick worm banana seed color 3/0 offset wide gap gamakatsu hook. Fishing in 6-8 FOW and bouncing it off the bottom. The area I was fishing was covered in thick foam. Whenever a fish would surface or swim it was like a radar beacon went off. I would cast in that area and hook a fish. Fun day of fishing but that thick foam and algae made for a tough time cleaning.

Also some bratty teenagers were throwing golf balls at me like a bunch of little girls. Spoiled rich Kingwood kids....hope they get whats coming to them. :horse:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-08-13 at 10.38.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-08-13 at 10.10.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-08-13 at 10.14.07 PM.png
H4MMY

Re: Kingwood Kayak Fishing Report

Post by H4MMY »

Last edited by H4MMY on Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
H4MMY

Post by H4MMY »

Nice!! I'm thinking about going out Saturday afternoon if it doesn't rain. What part of the lake is that?
H4MMY

Post by H4MMY »

Nice fish! I was thinking about going out on the lake this Saturday if the weather holds up. What part of the lake is that?
MagicYaker

Post by MagicYaker »

Its my Honey hole....But it is on the northern side of the lake.
fishr3

Post by fishr3 »

Thanks for the report. Love the You Tube videos too. You're making Lake Houston look good. Hey, what cha doin with that bait bucket? That don't look right.
beelinerguy

Post by beelinerguy »

I noticed you said spoiled Kingwood kids. Are there really nice areas around Lake Houston? I am
New to Houston, and know nothing about it, but I could have sworn the other threads I've read said it is sketchy around parts of the lake and a lot of break-ins on boaters' cars. I've been wanting to fish Luce Bayou. Maybe I'm thinking of the southern part of the lake?
MagicYaker

Post by MagicYaker »

fishr3 wrote:Thanks for the report. Love the You Tube videos too. You're making Lake Houston look good. Hey, what cha doin with that bait bucket? That don't look right.
The live bait was for Gar if I saw any. However the bass were biting to good o target the gar....
MagicYaker

Post by MagicYaker »

beelinerguy wrote:I noticed you said spoiled Kingwood kids. Are there really nice areas around Lake Houston? I am
New to Houston, and know nothing about it, but I could have sworn the other threads I've read said it is sketchy around parts of the lake and a lot of break-ins on boaters' cars. I've been wanting to fish Luce Bayou. Maybe I'm thinking of the southern part of the lake?
The area I fish is on the northern side of Lake Houston closer to the west fork....Luce Bayou is more on the East fork. Nice area at Luce's no break ins from what I have seen...you do have to pay 7$ but its a pretty safe spot.
MagicYaker

Post by MagicYaker »

For those that want to see some Lake Houston action....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL51tj ... h3SyAd8L0Q" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MagicYaker

Post by MagicYaker »

First week of September

Bank fished a couple days this month and was getting skunked. Headed out on the yak and managed one. Couple days later went to my special spot and managed to reel them in. Gotta love those dependable spots!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIM-REM ... h3SyAd8L0Q" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Reganbrill

Post by Reganbrill »

Like the video
MagicYaker

Post by MagicYaker »

Managed on dink on a Boo-yah vibra wire spinner bait. Water temp around 80 and murky still form all the rain.
Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 12.32.06 PM.png
spoon

Post by spoon »

very nice video.. and nice fish... a friend of mine sent me this info.. and I never knew that there is a right and a wrong way to hold a bass...not that I ever really thought of it either.. but he swears that you can kill a bass holding it the wrong way.. so here is the link...

http://www.smithfamilytackle.com/how-to-videos/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ps if you need any kayak related work or items, he lives in katy area and is VERY friendly and helpful.
Tomkat07

Post by Tomkat07 »

In that image. it looks like Magic is well within the limit of not hurting the fish. infact the fish is very vertical instead of horizontal.

Bee
The break ins happen a sheldon not lake houston marina or ponderosa. I dobt even think I have heard of any at loves either.
MagicYaker

Post by MagicYaker »

xotlotl wrote:very nice video.. and nice fish... a friend of mine sent me this info.. and I never knew that there is a right and a wrong way to hold a bass...not that I ever really thought of it either.. but he swears that you can kill a bass holding it the wrong way.. so here is the link...

http://www.smithfamilytackle.com/how-to-videos/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ps if you need any kayak related work or items, he lives in katy area and is VERY friendly and helpful.

Yea try telling that to the rest of the world...heard it a million times. ....It really only matters for Lunkers imo
bmbmd

Post by bmbmd »

My grandson lives in Kingwood, and goes to Kingwood High. He is neither spoiled nor rich.
MagicYaker

Post by MagicYaker »

bmbmd wrote:My grandson lives in Kingwood, and goes to Kingwood High. He is neither spoiled nor rich.
Congratulations. :clap:
MagicYaker

Post by MagicYaker »

10-3

Water temp 79 Air 80's and rising. Water color was chocolate milky from the rain last night. Was throwing a metallic shad by h2o xpress. Steady retrieve it with a twitch after a couple cranks.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-10-03 at 4.22.29 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-10-03 at 4.21.08 PM.png
Chief Brody
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Chief Brody »

looks a little like a golf course over your left shoulder in that pic...

hmmm...

p.s. great pics and posts - just messing with you a little about trying to track down your 'special spot'. I'm not very good at it, my ex-wife had one, and I never could find it.
Tomkat07

Post by Tomkat07 »

Chief Brody wrote:looks a little like a golf course over your left shoulder in that pic...

hmmm...

p.s. great pics and posts - just messing with you a little about trying to track down your 'special spot'. I'm not very good at it, my ex-wife had one, and I never could find it.
I see what you did there :clap: :mrgreen:

Nice catch as usual Magic
MagicYaker

Post by MagicYaker »

Thanks! HAHA This was close to the "spot" but not it. I wouldn't mind sharing this one if your interested pm me...
fishr3

Post by fishr3 »

I'm all 'bout that bass, 'bout that bass, no treble (hook) :lol:
MagicYaker

Post by MagicYaker »

Haven't posted on this thread in a while...here is some action from today out in Kingwood Tx....Very slow bite.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-12-13 at 12.27.40 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-12-13 at 12.28.31 PM.png
bigred90gt

Post by bigred90gt »

I'm not going to ask where your "spot" is, but where do you put in for that side of the lake? Are you putting in on the other side or in Luce's and paddling over, or is there a place over there?